DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PGYTECH osmo action filters

D-Rosin

Reactions
hello guys i am new to osmo action and new to trying to understand what settings do and mean.
so I just order a few things from PGYTECH last night, one of them is 1 set of UV filter professional,
i figure i'll give a filter a try, when i use a filter do i need to change any speeds? or shutter speeds? when using UV lens?

hello guys i am new to osmo action and new to trying to understand what settings do and mean.
so I just order a few things from PGYTECH last night, one of them is 1 set of UV filter professional,
i figure i'll give a filter a try, when i use a filter do i need to change any speeds? or shutter speeds? when using UV lens?

You seem a bit muddled, a UV filter is clear and won't have any effect on exposure.
There's not much point when the Osmo already has a protective clear filter in front to the actual lens.
If you bought ND filters you can use them to keep the shutter slower using manual settings (you can leave ISO auto).
Left in auto the shutter speed would also be reduced but care would be needed to not get grainy result due to it upping the ISO too.
The camera will manage pretty well without them but no doubt if it's very bright like sun+snow or white sand there'd be some advantage - if you have them with you...

You seem a bit muddled, a UV filter is clear and won't have any effect on exposure.
There's not much point when the Osmo already has a protective clear filter in front to the actual lens.
If you bought ND filters you can use them to keep the shutter slower using manual settings (you can leave ISO auto).
Left in auto the shutter speed would also be reduced but care would be needed to not get grainy result due to it upping the ISO too.
The camera will manage pretty well without them but no doubt if it's very bright like sun+snow or white sand there'd be some advantage - if you have them with you...
Thank you for the help, yes i am new to all of this and never have under stand camera settings and filters and etc, this is the only filter i pick up a single UV filter for $19 bucks.
so it seems like it was kinda a waste of money then for me?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98