DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phantom 4 crash

I inspected all 4 props and they were fine. Prop break was not it.
Is it common for a motor to fail? Should I sent the unit to DJI repair to see what it would cost? Anyone had a good experience doing that? I have had this Phantom 4 for I guess 6 years now and it has performed beautifully until this happened. My inclination is to buy another Phantom 4 but I have nothing to compare it to.
Thanks for all the thoughtful input from everyone.

...Is it common for a motor to fail? ...
Depends on what kind of fail we are talking about ...

It's not common at all that motor hardware fail without obvious mistreatment (like bearings that seize , magnets coming lose, motor bells that get deformed, shafts that gets crooked) ... it's more common that debris gets blown up during take-offs or landings or prop attachment tabs to be broken off & it ends up inside the motor, causing it to be blocked.

Reactions: aerodave3
I inspected all 4 props and they were fine. Prop break was not it.

How can that be when your first post said:

The propeller that hit first was broken by the wreckage

How can you know if it broke in flight or by impact? Color me confused.

How can that be when your first post said:

How can you know if it broke in flight or by impact? Color me confused.
Well because it broke at the hub in just that one place. So if it had done that while airborne it would have not arrived at the wreckage site. Make sense?

Well because it broke at the hub in just that one place. So if it had done that while airborne it would have not arrived at the wreckage site. Make sense?
So you found the entire propeller, but in pieces?

I just wanted to follow up and give a testimonial. My drone was crushed. I contacted DJI repair service and they sent me a label to send it in for evaluation and estimate. They fixed it like new for $250 and it is just like a new one. Got it back in about 1 week! That kind of service is RARE these days! Just wanted to give credit to them. AWESOME!

Yap, agree. 100 eur for mini2 (probably price depends on both, drone initial price and damages!), actually they sent me a new one, did not repair it.

Regards, G

Just as a matter of interest are you syncing your logs with DJI, if so could you switch that syncing off and fly a flight then have a a look for a DAT, I am just curious about the number in the name of a recent DAT.
From memory, with the Phantom 3 (Go App) there are no DATs on the phone but the DAT's on the drone are easily accessible and readable and have names with the form FLYxyz,DAT, the counter appears to be able to go up to 999 before it returns to 000

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots