DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phantom 4 Pro V2 future

Lambda

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Does anyone know if the Phanton 4 Pro V2 is being discontinued?
I am looking at a drone which has a camera with mechanical shutter, I was tole the P4P V2 is being discontinued?
Thanks

Does anyone know if the Phantom 4 Pro V2 is being discontinued?
I am looking at a drone which has a camera with mechanical shutter, I was tole the P4P V2 is being discontinued?
It isn't yet, but like all old models, it probably will one day.
No-one can say when DJI might get around to dropping the P4 pro.
But they don't have another drone to take its place as the preferred drone for mapping work.

Wondering if Phantom 5 is coming soon… 🤔

Does anyone know if the Phanton 4 Pro V2 is being discontinued?
Thanks
I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Phantom 4 Pro V2. Because of the commercial models and applications for this drone it will be supported for awhile longer, even after it gets discontinued. Buy a good stock of batteries and maintain them well and you should be pretty future proofed.

Wondering if Phantom 5 is coming soon… 🤔
I don't think we will see a Phantom 5. I do think however we will see another folding drone with a mechanical shutter to take its place. Its replacement could be just an offshoot of the Mavic 3.

Reactions: umanbean
do think however we will see another folding drone with a mechanical shutter to take its place. Its replacement could be just an offshoot of the Mavic 3.
Look at the M30, I would guess that DJI intends that as a replacement for the Phantom series.

Reactions: umanbean
There was some talk of a new RTK version. That would be good for battery supply down the road. I bought my P4P v2 last August and enjoy it immensely. My 4th of the Phantom series.

Reactions: Lambda and umanbean
Look at the M30, I would guess that DJI intends that as a replacement for the Phantom series.
The M30 would not suit the OP's requirements and doesn't look like a replacement for the P4 pro.
The P4 pro costs US$1600 and has a a 1" sensor and mechanical shutter.
The M30 costs US$10000, weighs twice as much and has two dinky 1/2" sensor cameras and no mechancial shutter.
It would be a very poor drone to use for mapping missions.

Reactions: Debaser_AZ
There is definitely a place for something like a “Phantom 5”. As a small-scale, high-detail mapper, the specs would be something less than M30 in size (and price) but bigger than an M3.
-M3 battery life or more
-Mechanical shutter
-PPK/RTK
-at least 4/3 sensor with quality glass

It would be great if it was foldable, as a P4P is awkward to backpack up a mountain slope. M30 cameras are trash for this level of mapping, IMHO, but I also have no hands-on experience. APS-C would be cool too, but I rather have better glass and portability. The M30 would probably be the scale for APS-C sensors anyways.

In the meantime, the P4Pv2 we use will be pushed to it’s limitations..

There is definitely a place for something like a “Phantom 5”. As a small-scale, high-detail mapper, the specs would be something less than M30 in size (and price) but bigger than an M3.
-M3 battery life or more
-Mechanical shutter
-PPK/RTK
-at least 4/3 sensor with quality glass

It would be great if it was foldable, as a P4P is awkward to backpack up a mountain slope. M30 cameras are trash for this level of mapping, IMHO, but I also have no hands-on experience. APS-C would be cool too, but I rather have better glass and portability. The M30 would probably be the scale for APS-C sensors anyways.

In the meantime, the P4Pv2 we use will be pushed to it’s limitations..
Try lugging around an Inspire sometime. Then you'll appreciate the Phantom.

Reactions: Debaser_AZ
The M30 would not suit the OP's requirements and doesn't look like a replacement for the P4 pro.
The P4 pro costs US$1600 and has a a 1" sensor and mechanical shutter.
The M30 costs US$10000, weighs twice as much and has two dinky 1/2" sensor cameras and no mechancial shutter.
It would be a very poor drone to use for mapping missions.
You're absolutely correct, my mistake. I keep thinking of the M30 in the same light as the M300 with removable payloads that a suitable camera could be added. As far as the price difference however, I don't think DJI is generous enough to give us a suitable replacement for the P4 for the same amount of money. They'll add a couple of features (or not) and jack up the price...a lot.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica