DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phantom standard 3 to mavic air

Vzr1

Reactions
Hey guys I’m looking to update, To a mavic air ,myeah I’d love the pro and so on but $$$$$ is the issue lol

Anyone gone from a phantom 3 standard to a mavic air?

Pros and cons?

Pros and cons?
There are lots of pros. For some cons, the flight time is about 4 minutes less (21 minutes vs 25 minutes) and the remote controller is not designed to hold a tablet (easily fixed with a tablet mount).

Hey guys I’m looking to update, To a mavic air ,myeah I’d love the pro and so on but $$$$$ is the issue lol

Pros and cons?
$$$$$ issue --- buy used , went from P3S to a used Mavic Pro , cost me $ 650 cad.

Reactions: gvsukids

Pros and cons?
Don't overlook the Mavic Pro (original). Occusync alone is a big feature to consider that is lacking with the Air. The MP is also a lot more pleasant sounding in flight.

Pros and cons?
i would personally go for a new or used mpp its a very stable drone extremely quiet very reliable and takes amazing videos and pics,you can find used mpps online for around $5-700 if you look hard enough

I went from the Standard 3 to the Spark and instantly got rid of the 3. There is no comparison between those two and the Air is even better although not as much better as the 3 to the Spark. I'm not too pleased with WIFI but I haven't used anything else. I agree on the $$$$$$$ issue of drones. Used could be good or really bad. Another factor is Batteries. The more expensive the drone the more expensive the battery. Flight time is not a biggie with me. I get bored after about 10 to 12 minutes and if I'm filming something I try to have a plan and I video the entire flight.

Reactions: Vzr1 and Bill combs
The Air is an outstanding drone for the money, not for long distances, but will do it's job fairly well, you won't regret it.

Here’s a good deal , i like how compact the air is, but will wind throw it around much? Obviously depends on wind factor...

And I also like this Mavic pro

Twice the size probably more stable

Reactions: Bill combs
Here’s a good deal , i like how compact the air is, but will wind throw it around much? Obviously depends on wind factor...

And I also like this Mavic pro

Twice the size probably more stable
Wind will always be an issue with drones,I cannot speak for the air never have owned one but my php2.0 does well in wind as do the mp mpp m2p

Reactions: Thomas B
Wind will always be an issue with drones,I cannot speak for the air never have owned one but my php2.0 does well in wind as do the mp mpp m2p
Again I couldn't say yay or nay about the air but I don't want to be restricted on distance when I'm looking for that perfect pic or video that the air would have being that its enhanced wifi

Reactions: Thomas B
those prices seem alittle high if you ask me? i’ve seen mp and mpp on places like let go sell for around $6 to $700 to $800 and some have the fly more kits too!

just a thought but the best time to buy a used drone is at the very end of the month or the very beginning of a new month when people sometimes find themselves short on money and need to sell a nonessential item

those prices seem alittle high if you ask me? i’ve seen mp and mpp on places like let go sell for around $6 to $700 to $800 and some have the fly more kits too!

Australian dollars remember

The Mavic air he will take $1000 has 3 batteries with it

A new Mavic air in Australia is $1300

Flew mine in 20+ knots, I was a bit surprised but no problems at all, even stable shooting video

Attachments

• IMG_20190917_233440_678.jpg
    IMG_20190917_233440_678.jpg
    959 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: Vzr1

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78