Phanton 4 Pro or Pro V2

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by neggy, Jun 13, 2018.

1. neggy

neggy Well-Known Member

As much as I like my Mavic Pro, and I would never part with it, I am thinking of adding a Phantom 4 Pro or a Pro 4 V2 to the stable.....

Is it worth 1500 dollars to get the features not available on the Mavic?

I like to take nice pictures, my Digital cameras are nice, but not professional level ( Canon SL1 and T6i currently) but take decent "hobbyist" level pictures.

I know the Mavic is not much more than a flying cell phone camera but is the camera on the Pro / Pro V2 as I hear?

It would also be nice to have enhanced obstacle sensing abilities.

I'm open to all comments pro and con, fire away

2. JustinR

JustinR Member

1" sensor, no other consumer drone has one. After looking at pictures and video taken by a phantom 4 pro, I'm sold on a 1" sensor being the standard starting point for excellent image quality.

3. Phill

Phill Well-Known Member

My vote goes to thr P4Pro

4. Just_nick

Just_nick Well-Known Member

I think it's a bit overkill unless you're using it professionally or are just really picky about your photos.

5. neggy

neggy Well-Known Member

I'm fussy about my pictures.....

DJI_0934.JPG

6. microlinux

microlinux Well-Known Member

I have a P4 (non-Pro) and a Mavic, I would say the P4 definitely generates higher quality images. As a purely casual photographer that's not overly meaningful to me, but the P4 handles wind better and has more "oomph". I do tend to use the P4 when I'm flying just for photos and video, but it's ultimately not an earth shattering difference to me. I'm sure it would mean more to someone into higher level photography and videography than I.

7. gnirtS

gnirtS Well-Known Member

The P4 Pro onwards has a vastly superior camera to the mavic in every way. The difference in quality of both stills and video is easily noticeable even on "amateur" posts to facebook and above. Even the non fussy will quickly notice the limitations of the mavic camera and see how much better the P4 is.

Whether thats worth $1500 to you is another matter. The other features really dont matter at all but the camera is a huge improvement. If you're happy with the current mavic snapshots its not worth it. If you're constantly frustrated by the lack of dynamic range, the work arounds needed, the lack of sharpness, the uneven focus etc then maybe.

8. Ripper7620

Ripper7620 Well-Known Member

I have both the MPP & P4P, and the P4P is vastly superior, and I would choose the P4 V2.0 based on Occusync alone.