DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Philadelphia Pilot Intros

PhantomFandom

Reactions
Hello all,

When you join the Philadelphia group, please reply to this post and let us know a bit more about your self. Anything you would like to tell us about you. Please try to include where you are in the area and which drone(s) you have.

I am in Center City almost every day. I quite often fly right in or around Center City. A listing of my small fleet is in my signature.

I fly for both pleasure and business. Would love to build up this local group and eventually get to meet people in the area.

Hello all,

When you join the Philadelphia group, please reply to this post and let us know a bit more about your self. Anything you would like to tell us about you. Please try to include where you are in the area and which drone(s) you have.

I am in Center City almost every day. I quite often fly right in or around Center City. A listing of my small fleet is in my signature.

I fly for both pleasure and business. Would love to build up this local group and eventually get to meet people in the area.
I live across the river in Cherry Hill, NJ and I am a hobby flyer. I have a Mavic 2 Zoom and an older Parrot Bebob 2 that hasn't seen the light of day for quite awhile since I got the Mavic.

I live across the river in Cherry Hill, NJ and I am a hobby flyer. I have a Mavic 2 Zoom and an older Parrot Bebob 2 that hasn't seen the light of day for quite awhile since I got the Mavic.
Welcome. I am not far from you and also have a Mavic 2 Zoom. I can see why the Parrot gets to sit in the closet.

Hi! I just got a Mavic Mini for Christmas this year, and live in Philadelphia near the art museum. I had a cheap $50 drone some years back, and learned how to fly it pretty well, but the Mini is by far the nicest drone I’ve owned! I’m looking forward to photographing and shooting videos In the city and also in scenic nature spots. I’d be up for a group outing to fly together, if anyone I’d interested.

I live in Northeast Philly. My fleet: Mavic Pro Platinum, Autel Evo and DJI spark. I also have a racing walkera drone that I need to practice with it. I just need to buy a good quality goggle. I had flew in different parts of Philly but would like to join a local group.

Welcome aboard guys. A get-together would be nice as soon as the weather starts to be more hospitable again.

Let's make it happen! I bet some nice sunset shots can be taken from the area behind the art museum. I know I've watched the beautiful sky colors from the hill above the Water Works there, several times.

Yes the sunset shots do come out nice. Especially with a larger sensor and/or long exposure times. Boathouse row after dark is an iconic scene once the boat houses all light up.

Hi all, new pilot in the area. Posted a intro post already....... I'm located in Bucks county but not too far from Philly. Flying the Mavic Mini but soon making the fleet larger. May wait for the Mavic 3 and have a reserve on Skydio2. I don't see the join button for the Philly forum.. any tips?

Last edited:
Hi all, new pilot in the area. Posted a intro post already....... I'm located in Bucks county but not too far from Philly. Flying the Mavic Mini but soon making the fleet larger. May wait for the Mavic 3 and have a reserve on Skydio2. I don't see the join button for the Philly forum.. any tips?
Welcome!!

The forums were reorganized. There is no longer a specific forum to join. Now it is just under Regional>PA/Philadelphia. You're in the right place.

Welcome!!

The forums were reorganized. There is no longer a specific forum to join. Now it is just under Regional>PA/Philadelphia. You're in the right place.

Thanks! I notice you fly an Inspire 2.0. I actually recently picked up an Inspire 1 version 2 and am trying to figure out which pad to get for it. Or is CrystalSky worth it? Not sure if you or anyone else has experience with CS monitor. Since the Inspire 1 is an older bird in the scheme of everything would DJI Go still be supported on latest iPad or Samsung device? I did notice in the apps release notes they added X support.

DJI's supported hardware in terms of officially listed iPhone ends at 7 but iPhone 8 works fine.
Wondering if it's the same with iPads.

Also wondering if iPads metallic edge effects performance negatively on the antennas of controller?

Thanks! I notice you fly an Inspire 2.0. I actually recently picked up an Inspire 1 version 2 and am trying to figure out which pad to get for it. Or is CrystalSky worth it? Not sure if you or anyone else has experience with CS monitor. Since the Inspire 1 is an older bird in the scheme of everything would DJI Go still be supported on latest iPad or Samsung device? I did notice in the apps release notes they added X support.

DJI's supported hardware in terms of officially listed iPhone ends at 7 but iPhone 8 works fine.
Wondering if it's the same with iPads.

Also wondering if iPads metallic edge effects performance negatively on the antennas of controller?
Welcome to the group.

Well I own an Inspire 2. How often it flies is a whole other story. With all of the other "almost as capable" and much more portable craft in my fleet, it is rare that I take the I2 out for a spin. My go to for mapping missions is the P4P and the choice for other work is the M2Z. I don't do cinematic work so the I2 just doesn't have a clear cut purpose for me that requires carrying that weigh and bulk.

Your question about tablet or CS is equally valid for any craft and not just the I2. I have a variety of devices anywhere from 6" to 10", and they are all Android devices. The CS will give you a brighter picture than any tablet and is worth it if you fly in sunshine often. However, I have never been in a situation where I could not finish a flight due to sun glare. The CS is big and heavy, and the same applies here as the I2...weight and size do matter.

I have never had any issues with magnetic tablet surfaces affecting controller antennas.

Hi, Had my Drone (MA2) for about 3 days now haven't had much flight time yet due to work, but hope to get some time in soon. I live in the NE.

Hi, Had my Drone (MA2) for about 3 days now haven't had much flight time yet due to work, but hope to get some time in soon. I live in the NE.
Congrats on the new drone. The weather this upcoming week is looking good for flying. I'll need to get out there myself.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu