DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Philadelphia

I’m looking forward to more flying in Philly as my daughter moved there this last year. I scouted out locations on Google maps and settled on the park area on the Schulkyll river between the boathouses and the Philly museum of art. Great place to fly. Amazingly, the city is outside of the airport NFZ so opportunities are endless. I’m anxious to do some nighttime hyperlapses over the River with the bridges and traffic flow. Great city for drone pilots.

Hi all, I am new to drones as well, but have a little bit of experience with photography. I just got my M2P just over a month ago and am having a blast. I live in the Midtown part of center city and am looking to do some Philly flying before we move to Bucks Co later on this winter! If anyone would be interested in meeting up to do some flying around the art museum, waterfront, center city buildings, it would be a great help to me as I am so new with all of this!

I’m looking forward to more flying in Philly as my daughter moved there this last year. I scouted out locations on Google maps and settled on the park area on the Schulkyll river between the boathouses and the Philly museum of art. Great place to fly. Amazingly, the city is outside of the airport NFZ so opportunities are endless. I’m anxious to do some nighttime hyperlapses over the River with the bridges and traffic flow. Great city for drone pilots.

I actually used to live in Manayunk before our move to center city and never realized how much there was to shoot in that area. I just flew the river just outside of Boathouse Row last week and got some amazing shots! There are a few places on Kelly Drive to park and hop on the trail to pick a spot to launch.

I’m in north WIlmington and would be interested in getting together. I keep hearing about flying around the ArtvMuseum and boat house row and will try it some weekend.

Reactions: ps82
I’m in north WIlmington and would be interested in getting together. I keep hearing about flying around the ArtvMuseum and boat house row and will try it some weekend.
Try also Penn's landing, penn treaty park, Fairmount park... there are so many awesome places in philly to fly a drone.

Absolutely. Just shoot me a message. I have only done Boathouse Row just about 1/2 mile from the Art Museum, but definitely want to do the Museum. There are some great launch spots in front of the museum that don't have you right in the crowds. There is a spot by the fountain that is actually great for this.

Reactions: macfawlty
45535791e0b436308862a8176473d250.jpg

Philly flyers are very fortunate to live in such a diverse city. Natural and urban environments, two rivers and tributaries, bridges & roads, traffic flow. It's really a great city for aerial photography/video. Most importantly, it's NOT in a NFZ!

In the DC area, we have to drive 15 miles from DC to be outside the NFZ and beyond the NFZ, many of the best locations are in National Parks like C&O Canal N.P., Shenandoah N.P., Blue Ridge N.P. and the many state parks with restrictions.

Last edited:
Philly flyers are very fortunate to live in such a diverse city. Natural and urban environments, two rivers and tributaries, bridges & roads, traffic flow. It's really a great city for aerial photography/video. Most importantly, it's NOT in a NFZ!

In the DC area, we have to drive 30 miles from DC to be outside the NFZ and beyond the NFZ, many of the best locations are in National Parks like C&O Canal N.P., Shenandoah N.P., Blue Ridge N.P. and the many state parks with restrictions.
Time to move north of DC.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe