DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phone call while flying

Tburon9

Reactions
Hello there; I’m new here.
I order my mini! It’s coming; but got couple of questions?
It is recommended use your everyday iPhone or try to get a dedicated iPhone for droning?
If you Get phone call while flying what would happen.

Many recommend Airplane Mode when flying, but I did not one day, and my wife called while I was flying my Mini. It pops up like usual, a box where you may either take the call or ignore it. Ignoring it kept me flying, and I switched to Airplane Mode right away.

I use shortcuts on my iPhone turning off wifi, bluetooth, do not disturb on, and open DJI fly app . Reverse when done flying!

Reactions: Tburon9
Actually I already flown my MM using the Fly app while in a phone call with a friend while in search of a missing RC plane. Had no problems. In IOS, when you get the call, just answer (or don’t) and go back to the app.
In IOS you can use the Don’t disturb function, it mutes all notifications which is very useful.

I fly with Samsung Galaxy S7 with no problems using the phone with my MM,MA or MP but it's best to turn on Airplane mode. I just ordered a CrystalSky 5.5 hopefully this will improve visibility in sunlight and stop the incoming calls.

If you Get phone call while flying what would happen
The aircraft would continue to fly since it's only controlled by the remote controller.

It is recommended use your everyday iPhone or try to get a dedicated iPhone for droning?

A notification will pop up as it does when you are using any other app.

Many recommend Airplane Mode when flying, but I did not one day, and my wife called while I was flying my Mini. It pops up like usual, a box where you may either take the call or ignore it. Ignoring it kept me flying, and I switched to Airplane Mode right away.
Ignoring your wife while flying might be more risky than taking the call... :D

Just had an idea while reading this. Would be cool if you could take the call and show the caller what YOUR phone is showing. Your flight would be visible to them! Good idea for law enforcement, medical, forest service. Maybe through Zoom or piggy back Face Time?

Interestingly I used to fly in flight mode but continually had problems not being able to change between Position, sports and cine when then phone was in flight mode.

I now do not do this and have not had the problem again, amazingly !

It has not happened to me, but there are several positing saying that an incoming call has no effect....

I use shortcuts on my iPhone turning off wifi, bluetooth, do not disturb on, and open DJI fly app . Reverse when done flying! you can use the email under my profile.
Would you be willing to share your shortcut? I tried setting one up but haven't been able to!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty