DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phone charging option?

Mt-Ed

Reactions
I was viewing a couple of youtube vids and these folks talked about being able to select a "phone charging" option, I believe was under the "control" heading of settings. I noticed that I do not have this option. I'm using an S10+ android. It does have the "touch" type of charging capabilities for its own battery or for charging other compatible devices that you can lay on it.

I'm wondering if anyone would know, are androids not compatible with the "phone charging" option? Is the S10+ android a device that is automatically charging when on the control unit, since it has the "touch" charging capability? Or, am I missing something here all together?

Thanks in advance!!

Well...............I'm embarassed that I'm answering my own question. I was looking elsewhere on the forum, and found a topic of "how to turn off the phone charging" option for an android device. So, I'm reading this as the androids don't have the option to turn ON the phone charging, because it is ALWAYS charging! My bad.....sorry to have wasted everyone's time!!

I was viewing a couple of youtube vids and these folks talked about being able to select a "phone charging" option, I believe was under the "control" heading of settings. I noticed that I do not have this option. I'm using an S10+ android. It does have the "touch" type of charging capabilities for its own battery or for charging other compatible devices that you can lay on it.

I'm wondering if anyone would know, are androids not compatible with the "phone charging" option? Is the S10+ android a device that is automatically charging when on the control unit, since it has the "touch" charging capability? Or, am I missing something here all together?

Thanks in advance!!
As far as I know, there is no choice in the Android version of the app. Tomorrow I'm trying to use some settings in the iOS version not available in the Android version, and see if they stay when switching back to Android.

Will keep you posted.

As far as I know, there is no choice in the Android version of the app. Tomorrow I'm trying to use some settings in the iOS version not available in the Android version, and see if they stay when switching back to Android.

Will keep you posted.
the phone charging option on iOS is not persistent, it always resets to OFF when restarting the remote/app. So there's nothing for you to test. Android devices cannot stop charging because that would sever the data connection as well (Google limitation)

Hey, thanks Ice.....I always like to know the "why" of things. I now know something new!!

Reactions: Ice_2k
the phone charging option on iOS is not persistent, it always resets to OFF when restarting the remote/app. So there's nothing for you to test. Android devices cannot stop charging because that would sever the data connection as well (Google limitation)
Based on previous post, I didn't try the charging option.
Had good results changing other settings in iOS that stayed after switching back to Android on the controller. Will try charging option on Sunday and let you know.

Well...............I'm embarassed that I'm answering my own question. I was looking elsewhere on the forum, and found a topic of "how to turn off the phone charging" option for an android device. So, I'm reading this as the androids don't have the option to turn ON the phone charging, because it is ALWAYS charging! My bad.....sorry to have wasted everyone's time!!
D ont be sorred ... Actually you answer for me lol ... i m using mini 2 with Samsung S20 and i wan to turn off this option but i can not find this option inside the app ... Now i know why .... THX man :)

Does anyone know why this is not persistent? having to turn this on every time seems... stupid.

if I set something, it should stay that way until I unset it...

otherwise 3 drone batteries later, my phone is at 48%.

Just adding another reply in case someone finds this old thread.…

Charging the iOS device from the controller is now an “always on“ feature and no
longer even appears in the control section of the iOS Version of DJI Fly.
I am happy with this change and it works well for me.

Reactions: SabrToothSqrl
Just adding another reply in case someone finds this old thread.…

Charging the iOS device from the controller is now an “always on“ feature and no
longer even appears in the control section of the iOS Version of DJI Fly.
I am happy with this change and it works well for me.
I spent like 10 min looking for this option today! thanks for the info.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simplefillus