DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phone connection issues

EddieOi352

Reactions
Good evening, All

Attempted to fly my mini today, which hasn't been flown for approx 2, maybe 3 months (Have'n BIG fun with my Zoom. Anywho, freshly charged battery and remote. Calibrated imu & compass. Everything connected, camera came on & accepted my responsibility waiver. Took off and hovered for a sec, and just before taking getting some flying in, I looked at my phone screen and black with a reading "RC not connected to mobile. Immediately landed and turned off everything and turned all back on and all was good, but before I could get off the ground, the same thing happened a second and as well and 3rd time.

Not understanding why it won't stay connected.. I also updated as well. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Ed

Is there a way you could anchor the controller and phone to something with out having your hands/fingers near the cable and its connectors and give the drone a test flight?
I am just wondering if you have a dodgy connection somewhere that breaks if your grip of the controller changes as the drone takes off.

Reactions: EyesWideShut
Was there a particular reason for the calibrations? Was the aircraft not flying fine the last time it was in the air?
And yes, try a different cable.

Is there a way you could anchor the controller and phone to something with out having your hands/fingers near the cable and its connectors and give the drone a test flight?
I am just wondering if you have a dodgy connection somewhere that breaks if your grip of the controller changes as the drone takes off.

I don't
But, I'm always carful and as steady as a rock

Was there a particular reason for the calibrations? Was the aircraft not flying fine the last time it was in the air?
And yes, try a different cable.

The calibrations are something that I religiously do. I was perfect on its last flight, and Ok

I agree with @PhiliusFoggg , the problem is with your cable from the controller to the phone. Try another cable and watch the connection into the controller. As you said you'll get the warning that "RC not connected to mobile".

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scott911