DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phone cord plug orientation wrong. How to fix?

m.a.c.

Reactions
Hi, I have a Nexus 6 (which I believe is a common device to use with the Mavic) but the connector on the side of the phone has orientation that's 180 degrees wrong. This prevents the phone from being mounted in the arms. (Please see photos).

Is this a known problem? Is there a short 3rd party cable I can purchase that has the correct orientation for my phone? (The Nexus 6 has a micro USB plug, not a USB-C).

Also, I found out the hard way that the full sized USB plug on the controller will not allow the registration process to work at all (the phone isn't recognized and remains in a disconnected state). I managed to work through that problem once I hooked up the phone using the micro USB cable, but unfortunately I can't mount it in the RC with the supplied cables.

ghkCBZ9.jpg

priOfUJ.jpg

Last edited:
You might want to get a foot long USB cable and run it from the bottom USB port on the RC.

Actually, the full sized USB port was the first thing I tried, but as I mentioned in my message, that port wouldn't recognize the phone and the app showed the device as being disconnected. I've seen others use the full sized port - wondering if my controller is defective.

Also tried the full sized port with a 2nd device - a Nexus 9 tablet. Same problem.

Try a different USB cable. Not all cables are certified for data. I have the Nexus 6P, and the bottom port works great.

Awesome. Tried a 2nd USB cable for the full-sized port on the RC and it works! Thanks for all the replies. Looking forward to flying this guy; have experience with the Phantom 3S.

Last edited:
Is there a short 3rd party cable I can purchase that has the correct orientation for my phone? (The Nexus 6 has a micro USB plug, not a USB-C).
Here are a few places to buy a reversed USB to micro USB cable:

Last edited:
Make sure you unplug the short cable first.

Kept falling for that as i use an Ipad with the bottom connector, ive since removed it fully and store it in the case.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zenbookwriting