DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phone settings.

Max Headroom

Reactions
Another beginner question -
Could i ask members what happens if someone rings you when you are flying is that part of the phone nothing to do with flying the drone so nothing to worry about?

For the most part, has nothing to do with you flying and drone and you should be able to safely ignore any incoming calls or text message. It is a suggestion that you put your phone into airplane mode and if necessary, turn on the wifi if you can and if you need it. However, the best solution is to use your phone for calls and text and use a separate smart controller to fly your drone.

One reason NOT to put your phone in Airplane Mode is so you can still be reachable in an emergency. Even if your ringing display takes over and completely covers DJI Fly, it will not affect control of the drone, which you can see (right? 😁) and fly just fine.

You don't have to answer the call, but it allows you to see who's calling, and if necessary come home, land, and call back if necessary.

In Airplane mode, you can be completely unreachable for hours. Which may, in fact, be the point 😁

Thanks for the answers, glad to know it cannot cause a problem i will leave it as it is and ignore calls texts until i have landed.

You can ignore the call or if you have enough battery life, let it hover and answer, or land the drone then answer. Personally, I never take calls while my drone is in the air. Nor do I use my phone as a monitoring device for my drone.

Another beginner question -
Could i ask members what happens if someone rings you when you are flying is that part of the phone nothing to do with flying the drone so nothing to worry about?
You could investigate using a 10" sim-free tablet as your flight screen. PGYTECH produce some cracking tablet supports that fit perfectly into the phone rebate in the controller. Best of both worlds that way: whopping big screen to observe the FPV and alter settings on-the-fly and your phone safely in your pocket.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
熊大熊二