DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phone v DJI RC

Max Headroom

Reactions
Could i ask members how bright the RC screen is compared to their phone screen, i have a budget phone Samsung and Moto phone and am still struggling in bright light even when the screen is on max brightness i do use a shade which helps but its bulky and a bit of a pain to install.

1729339102761.png

Last edited:
The DJI RC have a screen with a brightness of 700 nits... so if you look at a spec sheet over your phone & find it's brightness you can compare. But think you need at least 1000 nits to see a noticeable difference in bright sunshine.

But...

Noticed that you seems to have a Mini 2 SE... according to below chart there isn't a screened RC for that model.

1729340962654.png

Reactions: Erk1024
Let me tell you something almost no one ever talks about.

Yes, the RC/RC2 uses a 700nit display, which isn’t the brightest display in existence but it has been more than enough for me in all the sunny conditions here in sunny LA County.

Because of the 700nits, many people choose to get the RC-N2/N3 and get a phone or tablet that is over 1000nits because their logic dictates that it will be brighter than the RC2 in direct sunlight. If that was the end of it, their logic would be sound. However, what many don’t realize (or don’t talk about) is the fact that pretty much every single phone and tablet out there, including the highest-end ones, such as the iPhone Pro Maxes, the iPad Pros, the Samsung Galaxys etc, which all have very bright screens much higher than even 1000nits, do not ever maintain that brightness for long periods of time when outdoors in the sun!

Especially with direct sunlight hitting these devices, which is when you need their bright screens the most, all of these devices quickly overheat (within minutes) and start to progressively reduce the brightness of the screen to try to reduce heat. If you do not take the device in shade to cool it down, it might even overheat so much that it doesn’t allow you to use the device at all until it cools down. All my own iPhones have done this, including my current 13 Pro Max. The new iPhone 16 Pro Max does this, I have seen it with my own eyes. Say i’m trying to watch a video outside with sunlight hitting the phone so I have the brightness maxed out, and then within minutes the brightness drops so low I can’t see anything at all. Eventually the display blacks out completely until it’s able to cooled down.

Whereas, the RC2 might be “only” 700nits, but you can rest assured that it will maintain that 700nits throughout its entire operation, especially with the active cooling that it has. My RC2 has never ever dimmed on me in any condition in the ten months I’ve owned it.

• Wow
Reactions: Erk1024
Could i ask members how bright the RC screen is compared to their phone screen
Just judging by my eyes, the max brightness of my iPhone is much brighter than the max brightness of any of my DJI RCs. However, I've never had any trouble seeing the screen on my DJI RCs, and I much prefer using them over my phone as it's more convenient.

DJI's RCs have been around for some time now and I don't ever see people complaining about the brightness.

I have the DJI RC and have swapped back to my Moto with rc n1. Not only because of the brighter display,larger icons and text but the DJI RC is a bit laggy and doesn't support playback over 1080p. It just about manages in really bright sunshine and is convenient to set up quickly, other than that it doesn't have any other advantages over mobile phone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neil-KY