DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Photo and Video Organization

Davpmars

Reactions
How do you guys organize your photos along with your other "life" photos. I'm just throwing everything into the Mac Photos Application.

I'm no professional, I'm just trying to stay organized and want to see what you all do.

Thanks

Reactions: Rchawks
Mine is a mess as well. But from the old days what I did for AP was by State, City. For other photos I used Family, friends, work, ect., it does take time and discipline I'd like a better method myself.

I make folders with names that relate to the category of video / pictures, I then add sub folders for any given date or place.
I also back them up to external hard drive

Reactions: Rchawks
I have also wanted to ask that question. I have a lot of digital pictures from many different cameras (video and still) all of which are saved using their own software and file system. I am starting to put every picture/video in folders using year and month taken.

I have a folder of folders.

Each folder is named the date I shot the contents and description, like "200913 Dry Hollow"

But I think it might make more sense to use the folder's datetime and just put the subject in the folder name.

With the age of computers is there a program that you could drop all your photos into and the program sorts and organises everything all at once with AI, lol.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa