Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Photo clarity with mavic question

andymagz

Reactions
hello all,

2nd post ,

and please can someone shed some light.

I have taken the attached picture and when I zoom in it looks to be not very sharp at all. it looks blury and not good for reproduction.
I wanted to print out on A4 and give to my dad.

I have shot a 4k video before taking this picture of the same area and this was very high resolution and very clear.

my question is am I doing something wrong when taking pictures.

a lot of my pics are like this , I am tapping the screen and auto focusing but still when zoomed in it doesn't look the sharpest

any help or advice from the pros or settings I need to look at or change..

thanks you in advance

Attachments

• DJI_0021.JPG
    DJI_0021.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 50
Are you shooting RAW? The quality difference between shooting JPEG and RAW is tremendous. Always shoot RAW on the Mavic.

Are you shooting RAW? The quality difference between shooting JPEG and RAW is tremendous. Always shoot RAW on the Mavic.
hi there, thanks for your reply, I shot in both raw and jpg I posted the jpg as its smaller and easier to upload

ive just checked the 23mb DNG file and this too is the same when zoomed in

JPG looks like noise reduction has kicked in smearing the images. The DNG shouldnt have that issue.
But what was the shutterspeed used here?

I think that you are looking too closely and expecting too much. For a 12 MP jpeg that looks like a perfectly fine image to me. I ran some edge sharpening just to check, but it's pretty good as is.

I agree. Sharpening the RAW file just a bit would polish it up. We have to remember that the Mavic camera is no better than most point-and-shoots for stills; your shot is pretty decent technically for that kind of gear, IMO.

I too have found that both the RAW and JPEG are pretty much the same when you start "pixel peeping" and zoom in.

Try checking out this thread:
Better stills from the Mavic

It takes some time, but it does help improve the image.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes