DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Photo Resolution to phone

brendenj

Reactions
I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7 with the latest DJI GO4 app with my Mavic Pro. I get the following results: With "Sync HD photos" option on, I sometimes get full resolution photos downloaded to my phone and sometimes only get the 960x540 resolution versions. Anyone know why it may change? I also see the tiny thumbnails that often come in much delayed. It also seems like if I don't get the high resolution photos then the 960x540 versions and thumbnails don't come in until later. Seems like entering the editor in GO4 app sometimes causes photos to come into camera gallery. Anyone else see this and have any solution? I understand I can get the full resolution photos from SD card but I would like to get higher res photos to my phone easier. Seems odd that video resolution to phone is sometimes higher than photo resolution.

I think the thumbnails are generated from your device, not the controller. And the transmitted output to your device in vids and images are of a lower resoloution also, like 720 on the device, with full res 1080/4k vids and RAW images on the sd card.

Check your camera settings make sure they are what you want, and the same session to session for comparison, but remember, if you do any updates, 99.9999 percent of the time, all your setting go to default. You have to reset them.
Pain in the ****, but that is the way DJI did it....

I think the thumbnails are generated from your device, not the controller. And the transmitted output to your device in vids and images are of a lower resoloution also, like 720 on the device, with full res 1080/4k vids and RAW images on the sd card.

Check your camera settings make sure they are what you want, and the same session to session for comparison, but remember, if you do any updates, 99.9999 percent of the time, all your setting go to default. You have to reset them.
Pain in the ****, but that is the way DJI did it....

Thanks for the reply. The transmitted photos do come accross in full 4000x2250 sometimes when I have the Synch HD Photos option. I do know that settings can get reset sometimes but it just seems kind of random when the full resolution pictures get tranmitted and when it is the lower quality version.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada