DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Photo upload bonus

Happyonmyhill

Reactions
Might be posted elsewhere but found a feature I didn’t know about yesterday. Had my phone about 1/2 charged but a full charge on my controller so enabled charge phone in menu. What I was surprised at is that it moved all of my still shots directly to my phone! Not vid but all of my stills were already on my phone and synched to iCloud. May not be everyone’s workflow but I generally do light editing on my iPad so this saved a step. I still have to remove card to download video but if your ever out and shooting just stills it’s convenient!??

they're are low res pics used by app for flight logs

If 5mb is low res then maybe. I was as surprised as anyone to find them there. My card is still in my drone. These are right from my camera with a 256 ND filter onC686DA8D-D287-4BAA-8B33-3F5B3E56EB8D.jpeg

The controller has internal storage right? Maybe when it’s got the space it copies it there and then the lightning cable is bi directional and when the charge phone option is enabled it transfers? Idk I was very surprised to see them. They are NOT low res. Might not be full. I’ll let you know when I pull them off the card and compare.

I literally have not removed the storage card from the drone. I was going to post some photos to IG and was like WTH? How did those get here? Using iPhone 11 Pro Max with current iOS. Lightning cable out of the box connected to controller with ‘charge phone’ option turned on pre launch.

Yep. I have confirmed it is the same full resolution file on the card. Shot taken in manual exposure with filter on. This is image pulled from card.

Attachments

• 85997009-6C33-4995-BC7A-426AFDD32244.jpeg
    85997009-6C33-4995-BC7A-426AFDD32244.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 14
Probably had the "sync HD photos" option on and just happened to notice the photos on your phone at that time.

I believe if you have the sync HD photo toggled on, when you are flying and shoot a still, it downloads over your downlink into your mobile device in full res. The reason you can toggle it is that some may fear it will affect your transmission signal if you are stretching the distance from the controller. Same with the smooth vs HD transmission image to your controller.

I’ll have to check but don’t believe it’s ever happened before. I do usually dump my card into my iPad immediately after flight tho so it’s possible. The only thing I did on this flight was enable charge phone. All other settings the same.

I’ll test it out tomorrow and see if I can isolate it. If you’re correct I’ll want to uncheck that synch function. Rather have less data moving between craft and controller. Thanks for suggestion!

I’ll have to check but don’t believe it’s ever happened before. I do usually dump my card into my iPad immediately after flight tho so it’s possible. The only thing I did on this flight was enable charge phone. All other settings the same.

I’ll test it out tomorrow and see if I can isolate it. If you’re correct I’ll want to uncheck that synch function. Rather have less data moving between craft and controller. Thanks for suggestion!
Synch HD photos works great. You do not have to have phone charging enabled. If Synch HD photos is not enabled, you can still select and download photos wirelessly from the drone using the playback function.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329