DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Photo/Video downloads

Parkland

Reactions
New Mini 2 owner with a IPhone 8Plus and confused already. I took a 4K video and some photos on my first flight. If I understand correctly the Video/Photos that are shown in the FlyApp Album are just for viewing and are not quality. So I quick downloaded the video using the button on the back of the drone. I think I did it right but wasnt sure where the file went. Eventually I think I found it in the FlyApp album along with the others. At least it looked different from the other. I opened it and noticed a upload icon in the upper right corner. When I selected it the visual turned milky and I was shown a number of possibilities but none to the camera roll of my IPhone. What am I doing wrong? I want to do this to be able to transfer my video/photos from the IPhone to my Windows 10 PC. I know I could pull the SD card but would rather not. Thanks

Why not?
It's what most users do.
It's faster and easier and that way you know where you are putting the files.
Thanks for the advise. I normally save videos I receive on my IPhone in messages etc to the camera roll. Then import them to my PC using Windows Photos from the phone and save them wherever. Since we are now able to quick download from the drone to the phone using the button in the back of the drone I thought it should be easy to just save it directly from the Fly app album to the camera roll. I guess not..

I use a USB connector from drone to PC. The computer should recognize the card as soon as you plug it in. Then, copy and paste.

On the Air 1, removing the SD card is like performing surgery !

New Mini 2 owner with a IPhone 8Plus and confused already. I took a 4K video and some photos on my first flight. If I understand correctly the Video/Photos that are shown in the FlyApp Album are just for viewing and are not quality. So I quick downloaded the video using the button on the back of the drone. I think I did it right but wasnt sure where the file went. Eventually I think I found it in the FlyApp album along with the others. At least it looked different from the other. I opened it and noticed a upload icon in the upper right corner. When I selected it the visual turned milky and I was shown a number of possibilities but none to the camera roll of my IPhone. What am I doing wrong? I want to do this to be able to transfer my video/photos from the IPhone to my Windows 10 PC. I know I could pull the SD card but would rather not. Thanks

Are you not using an SD card IN the drone? If not, then that is the way to go. Simply remove SD card from drone - plug into PC and VIOLA - you have the GOOD files to edit / use.

Reactions: Parkland
I use a USB connector from drone to PC. The computer should recognize the card as soon as you plug it in. Then, copy and paste.

Piece of cake on Mini's and Air2 for removing SD card from drone.

Thanks for the help I will give that a try.

Why not?
It's what most users do.
It's faster and easier and that way you know where you are putting the files.
I have owned either the Mavic Air 1 or the MAvic 2 Pro for the past 3 years. I have never loaded my data from the drone. I always pop the SD card, upload to my computer and use those files for everything (video and image editing). Then, when I am sure I do not need those files ever again, I replace the SD card, and format the card on the screen. Easy peasy. What would anyone do otherwise is beyond me.

Reactions: Parkland
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan