DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Photo/video editing questions

badbrain

Reactions
A few questions for anyone to answer.

Any real life experience with video editing with Adobe CC (9.99/m)? Memory intensive? Intuitive? Almost ready to spend.

Also, how can I get good quality clips from videos? E.g. making a photo from asteroid or other “intelligent” videos. Or any vid for that matter.

Thanks a lot.

Also use Premier CC, however I'll warn you now, the learning curve is fairly steep like most Adobe products.

There's free open source alternatives you can try if you like, however if your going to get into it, Adobe (or if on Mac then Final cut pro gets some love too, although personally not a fan)

As for specs required, memory is key, as is fast disks. (my laptop is 32gb with 2x500gb SSD and nvidia 1060, Desktop is dual Xeon E5-2667v2's, 128gb ram with multiple Quadro cards.

So Memory, disk and GPU (the expensive bits, I know)

Last edited:
Reactions: badbrain
OP might also look into Adobe Premiere Elements. Much cheaper than Premiere CC and the learning curve is not as steep.

Thank you. Have an ancient iMac (early 2009) that’s still going. Only replaced fan and RAM, as mainly use external disks.

Time to replace it, as I need more power! My iPhone X is more powerful.

Elements is a good shout actually, not used it in years though. If on pc there's obviously Vegas and Vegas pro too, lots easier to get started with

Elements is a good shout actually, not used it in years though. If on pc there's obviously Vegas and Vegas pro too, lots easier to get started with
I was just going to mention Vegas. I've been using it for over a decade (professionally). It's far more intuitive than Adobe products ~ and it does everything Adobe does.

Yeah I used to use Vegas (before it was Sony) but I've switched to Premier Pro as get the full suite cheap (educational discount)

But personally never had any issues with Vegas, once you have a grasp of it though it's easier to switch to PP. But like you say for most things it's perfectly adequate.

If you need to use after effects, Photoshop and stuff though, your probably best of learning the Adobe way

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu