DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pics of my new toy I have nicknamed the Aircraft Carrier

Wow!! This thing is a whole different form of excitement to fly after playing with the Platinum Pro and the like. It is big, bad and way way more scary to fly than a Mavic.

I have only had it up 30 or 40 feet and hovering about in the wind. There is too much to run into at my place so I need to get it registered and take it out somewhere where I have room to play.

I can already tell the control and stability in the wind is going to be just what I wanted.

Mike

Hey Folks!

Just thought I would share a pic of my S900 Aircraft Carrier. Of course it can’t fly like that but it sure looks awesome and makes Plum Crazy look tiny.

Mike

You have a good start… Maybe it will grow up to be like the "Chimera," the Avengers' Helicarrier, a Flying Aircraft Carrier used as a mobile Command Center by SHIELD…

Carrier.jpg

What happens if a prop fails on "Chimera" I hope the clips that hold the props on aren't made of plastic!
They are some serious aluminum mounts. Lol

According to my research into this mythical being her flight control software is supposed to compensate for a lost motor so I assume she will puff a breath of fire and magic smoke and fly on. I hope to never find out for sure.

Mike

Attachments

• 235DBC94-4204-43BD-96E7-22394A78A4DC.jpeg
    235DBC94-4204-43BD-96E7-22394A78A4DC.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
Can I borrow it for a long time, a very long time?. I promise to bring it back😁
I have been seriously contemplating this as I would obviously have to tag along as your copilot. Then I think of all of the little places all of the tiny little venomous spiders and evil spirits that are all about in Oz waiting to kill me when I visit could hide and I have to second guess myself.

Mike

I think Chimera is a very cool name for a drone. I don’t think The Avengers will mind………

That thing is way cool!

Mike

I also subscribe to the web site CarTalk ( Car Talk: Home of Click & Clack and Car Advice ), a web site for Auto Repair and so much more, they advertise, "Honest Car Advice, No Bull(Mod Removed Language)From Real Mechanics, Owners, and Knuckleheads"

It is dedicated to the Tom and Ray Magliozzi, "Click and Clack, the Tappet Brothers" of NPR's radio show "Car Talk"

One of the Topics that drew lots of attention was "Should you Name Your Car?"

If I do not see an entry like "Should You Name Your Drone?" under the forum "Off Topic" by next week, I'll start one myself.

BTW, the Mini 2 I just returned to Costco for a replacement had a name; I'll have to come up with a new name now. I do not want my new drone to think "it has to fly in the same flight path as the previous one…) -- (from the old adage: "to walk in another's footsteps…").

Last edited by a moderator:
First casualty. Chimera decided to tilt dramatically when launching so rather than risk a big loss I set her down and only lost one prop to the ground.

Lessons learned: ALWAYS dance with her before sending her off on a mission and, when she wants to go, don’t be timid. Give her what she wants.
And third, take off from level ground and the previous lesson is a bit less important.

The wind is insane here today with a steady 19mph and gusts of 43mph. Chimera launches and holds her own in a very dramatic show of power and control. Wow!

Mike

How about sharing some video. I for one would love to see the beast.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffN