DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pics of the "leaked mavic 3" and a proposed "leaked mini 3" look virtually identical.

Interficiam Stercore

Reactions
The first fully constructed image is supposed to be a MINI 3 LEAK. The Second leaked image is/was often quoted as a Mavic 3 design leak. NOTICE BOTH HAVE THE AIR SCOOP IN THE FRONT AND THE 2 AIR VENTS on either side on the back. THEY ARE IDENTICAL. So, just by looking at these 2 images, WE AND THOSE "IN THE KNOW" HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THEY ARE LOOKING AT. In my opinion this design with the front air scoop , rear side vents and back loading battery is the next Mini 3. I think we have no clue what the next Mavic 3 or whatever they will call it will even look like. PONDER THE SIMILARITIES OF THESE IMAGES. dji mini3 prototype.pngcommon used mavic 3 leak pic.jpg

Reactions: Crashdummytest
Look at how the props are secured and you can see "Mavic M" on the front left arm.
I would be rather surprised if DJI used screw mounted props on a Mavic 2 Pro / Zoom successor. But for 'EU' Europeans upgrading or renewing unless it is class marked would there be a big uptake?

Enough of the minis I think they’re a joke myself because they’re so light the wind blows them around my buddy got one I wasn’t very impressed but I understand not everybody can afford the more expensive

Reactions: Gringorio
Look at how the props are secured and you can see "Mavic M" on the front left arm.
I would be rather surprised if DJI used screw mounted props on a Mavic 2 Pro / Zoom successor. But for 'EU' Europeans upgrading or renewing unless it is class marked would there be a big uptake?
The completed drone image has been floating around but as a Mini 2S/Mini 3 "leak"..... There are a few more credible looking Mavic 3 "leaked images" around, but the reality is images like these they seldom turn out to accurate unless they are found just before the release of the new drone.... that's either because they are made up on someone's computer or because there are various prototypes being tested so they don't represent the finished product.

Last edited:
Enough of the minis I think they’re a joke myself because they’re so light the wind blows them around my buddy got one I wasn’t very impressed but I understand not everybody can afford the more expensive
Having owned both Mini 1 and Mini 2..... I can tell you the Mini 2 is not a joke and a huge step forward from the original. The aircraft is solid even in significant winds, takes great photos/video, and has great range.

With more and more regulations coming for consumer drones these little drones are going to be here to stay as they pose less of a threat to the powers who make the rules. We should start seeing more expensive, feature packed mini drones that get the job done. I fully expect to see obstacle avoidance, bigger camera sensors and improved wind resistance in the upcoming sub 250 gram offerings from DJI and others.

As they won't be able to use weight to combat the wind.... the new drones will have to use a combination of better aerodynamics, batteries, motors and software that to get it done.

Having owned both Mini 1 and Mini 2..... I can tell you the Mini 2 is not a joke and a huge step forward from the original. The aircraft is solid even in significant winds, takes great photos/video, and has great range.

With more and more regulations coming for consumer drones these little drones are going to be here to stay as they pose less of a threat to the powers who make the rules. We should start seeing more expensive, feature packed mini drones that get the job done. I fully expect to see obstacle avoidance, bigger camera sensors and improved wind resistance in the upcoming sub 250 gram offerings from DJI and others.

As they won't be able to use weight to combat the wind.... the new drones will have to use a combination of better aerodynamics, batteries, motors and software that to get it done.
Good points. Question for ya. How well do you find the mini2 compared to the mini 1 when it comes to combating high winds? That was a major pet pieve of mine when I owned the Mini 1.

The first fully constructed image is supposed to be a MINI 3 LEAK. The Second leaked image is/was often quoted as a Mavic 3 design leak. NOTICE BOTH HAVE THE AIR SCOOP IN THE FRONT AND THE 2 AIR VENTS on either side on the back. THEY ARE IDENTICAL. So, just by looking at these 2 images, WE AND THOSE "IN THE KNOW" HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THEY ARE LOOKING AT. In my opinion this design with the front air scoop , rear side vents and back loading battery is the next Mini 3. I think we have no clue what the next Mavic 3 or whatever they will call it will even look like. PONDER THE SIMILARITIES OF THESE IMAGES. View attachment 132820View attachment 132821
Kind of funny to call this a leak. This is a strategic release pre sale.

Good points. Question for ya. How well do you find the mini2 compared to the mini 1 when it comes to combating high winds? That was a major pet pieve of mine when I owned the Mini 1.
They really aren't even in the same ballpark.... the Mini 2 has better batteries, props and motors which, along with the ability to tilt 40 degrees when necessary, combine to fight the wind.. The wind rating is now the same as the bigger drones though in real life the Mini 2 goes quite a bit slower into the wind than the big birds. Footage from the gimbal is nice and steady but I do see some tilt introduced when taking strong winds from the side.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waldo Pepper

I can't speak to the Mini 1 as the Mini 2 is my first drone. But I'm very impressed with how it handles wind. I use it up in the mountains and it performs very well even in 20 mph wind.

The use of "Mavic M" actually takes away any authenticity of the image. DJI dropped the Mavic name at the release on "DJI Mini 2" and continues with DJI Air 2S . Some kind of name streamlining, also illustrated with O3 vs Occusync 2, and even OM 4 vs Osmo 3. They might be getting marketing guidance, but dropping the Model names seems counterproductive after all the work they did making them known, like if Ford dropped Mustang in favor of the new Ford "M", lol!

The first fully constructed image is supposed to be a MINI 3 LEAK. The Second leaked image is/was often quoted as a Mavic 3 design leak. NOTICE BOTH HAVE THE AIR SCOOP IN THE FRONT AND THE 2 AIR VENTS on either side on the back. THEY ARE IDENTICAL. So, just by looking at these 2 images, WE AND THOSE "IN THE KNOW" HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THEY ARE LOOKING AT. In my opinion this design with the front air scoop , rear side vents and back loading battery is the next Mini 3. I think we have no clue what the next Mavic 3 or whatever they will call it will even look like. PONDER THE SIMILARITIES OF THESE IMAGES. View attachment 132820View attachment 132821
The first one looks like a spider, the second one is just plain ugly to be honest.

The first one looks like a spider, the second one is just plain ugly to be honest.
Agreed. Certainly not pushing my buttons.

If this is it, I won't be purchasing one. The logistics for filters, etc renders this quite limited IMO.

I can see the creative crews at Freewell and PolarPro face-palming, ripping up plans, cleaning off whiteboards and calling a design-team meeting!

Reactions: TheSnowyPilot
From Jasper Ellens' Facebook Group Page:
1632580212582.png
1632580239011.png

Enjoy. How could you not?

Attachments

• 1632580260914.png
    1632580260914.png
    585.3 KB · Views: 17
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads