DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Pics: Terminus of Oregon Wildfires

TheDude

Reactions
Here are a few Mini 2 pics of the miraculous end to the Oregon wildfires before continuing even deeper into old-growth forests. This particular area, called the Beachie Creek Fire, consumed 200,000 acres of 200+ year old old-growth Douglas Fir forest and countless homes/property and life. In total, Oregon lost over 1 million acres this year. Thankfully due to weather conditions, a few clear cut areas, and hard work from firefighters on the ground it was stopped as you see it here. The burned trees appear snow white, but are actually white due to being one enormous ash corpse. More to come as I'm just skimming the surface of the aftermath.
(I realize the pic quality is pretty bad, as most of these were taken well after sunset).

RemoteMediaFile_6553635_0_2021_01_13_17_04_34.jpgRemoteMediaFile_6553639_0_2021_01_13_17_06_40.jpgRemoteMediaFile_6553638_0_2021_01_13_17_06_32.jpgRemoteMediaFile_6553618_0_2021_01_13_16_40_22.jpg

Great pics. I've been up in a chopper a few times watching fires raging across the tops of the conifers, it is a sight for sure.

Yeah... in central AZ we lived w/in 15 miles of the Dude Fire in Payson, AZ... it was a top fire and the pines seemed to explode into flames as it spread.
... so we moved and then almost got burned up in the Rodeo-Chedeski Fire.

Yeah... in central AZ we lived w/in 15 miles of the Dude Fire in Payson, AZ... it was a top fire and the pines seemed to explode into flames as it spread.
... so we moved and then almost got burned up in the Rodeo-Chedeski Fire.
It's getting wild every year, so sad...

Here are a few Mini 2 pics of the miraculous end to the Oregon wildfires before continuing even deeper into old-growth forests. This particular area, called the Beachie Creek Fire, consumed 200,000 acres of 200+ year old old-growth Douglas Fir forest and countless homes/property and life. In total, Oregon lost over 1 million acres this year. Thankfully due to weather conditions, a few clear cut areas, and hard work from firefighters on the ground it was stopped as you see it here. The burned trees appear snow white, but are actually white due to being one enormous ash corpse. More to come as I'm just skimming the surface of the aftermath.
(I realize the pic quality is pretty bad, as most of these were taken well after sunset).

View attachment 121768View attachment 121769View attachment 121770View attachment 121771
Great pics! I worked on the Cameron Peak and East Troublesome fires this past summer in Colorado, which were also the two largest fires in Colorado State history, so I can appreciate these pics. We had to evacuate our town because of the East Troublesome fire, but thankfully the winds shifted and we were spared. Being on the fire line and seeing the force of Mother Nature as the fire is torching the trees is a sight to behold. Hopefully we won't have another fire season like this past one for a long time to come. Happy and safe flying!

Reactions: TheDude
Great pics! I worked on the Cameron Peak and East Troublesome fires this past summer in Colorado, which were also the two largest fires in Colorado State history, so I can appreciate these pics. We had to evacuate our town because of the East Troublesome fire, but thankfully the winds shifted and we were spared. Being on the fire line and seeing the force of Mother Nature as the fire is torching the trees is a sight to behold. Hopefully we won't have another fire season like this past one for a long time to come. Happy and safe flying!
Thanks for putting in the work out there in CO, you guys are heroes!

Thanks for putting in the work out there in CO, you guys are heroes!
Thank you. We don't consider ourselves heroes by any means. Just people that do this to help our neighbors and community. Thank you for your support.

View attachment 121768View attachment 121769View attachment 121770View attachment 121771
Impressive shots!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15