DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Picture saving to SD card but not to phone.

JP

Reactions
On my Mavic Pro I have not had any issues with saving to my phone. There are usually 2 pics, a low res Cache and then the full resolution pic. However on my new Air2S nothing saves. However I can open the DJI fly app on my phone and the videos save and I can download to my phone but there are not any photos. I have to remove the SD card to install on my laptop to view.

Any ideas? Probably a settings issue I am missing

Thanks

I don’t have that problem and I’m guessing that you are correct about it being a setting.

Think I have read a post on this before. I too don’t get pics direct on to my phone any more and believe that a recent update to the app removed it. Goodness knows why, it was a great feature and saved the faff of taking the mini SD card out and popping it into a reader. Have a trawl of the posts on this.

Can confirm I have the same thing happening. In order to get the photos to my phone I have to go into the Album while the drone is still connected to the controller, which is still connected to my phone. Then I can download the photos directly onto the phone via the album.

Ever since I had the Mini, then Mini 2, then Air 2S, Photos themselves didn't ever get auto-cached to the phone be it a low res copy or other wise. Video could however, but had to make sure video cache feature was turned on.

I think briefly on the Mini there was the option in the old copy of DJI Fly when I had it, but I haven't seen the photo option in forever.

Only way to get it onto the phone presently, is to switch over to album and import it while the drone is still connected to the device.

This is usual with DJI every time they issue a new update (app or firmware) They supposedly fix some bugs but for sure create new ones.

Reactions: Fraggs
They should have left it as it was, you had the choice of turning it on or off in the app if you didnt want them in your phone gallery, just caused confusion for no reason.

Ever since I had the Mini, then Mini 2, then Air 2S, Photos themselves didn't ever get auto-cached to the phone be it a low res copy or other wise. Video could however, but had to make sure video cache feature was turned on.

I think briefly on the Mini there was the option in the old copy of DJI Fly when I had it, but I haven't seen the photo option in forever.

Only way to get it onto the phone presently, is to switch over to album and import it while the drone is still connected to the device.
Believe you can import them without the drone connected via the album in the app

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada