DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pictures Don't Sync To iPhone after Software/Firmware Updates

ScottTX

Reactions
Hi All,

After recent software and Firmware updates, the pictures taken by the drone do not sync to my iPhones Photos.

1643802654792.png

1643802703996.png

Previous to these updates, an Album called "DJI Album" was created and populated with photos taken by the drone. But since the updates, the pictures are not getting added to/synced to this (or any other) album.

Any ideas?

I think it takes time. I flew mine and saw the video on my phone after landing while the drone was still on, but video was gone after turning drone off.

I am experiencing the same problem and there doesn't seem to be anyone posting about possible fixes. Not sure why. We can't be the only two having this problem.

I also tried an alternate Device/Tablet - No luck with that either.

I am experiencing the same problem and there doesn't seem to be anyone posting about possible fixes. Not sure why. We can't be the only two having this problem.
I’ve noticed it the last few days. I’m a home inspector and They used to be almost all downloaded by the time I was done checking a roof. Now I have to manually go in, batch select and download, then stand around while they download. It sucks.

They also changed the way the manual exposure works, which isn’t so bad, but why?

So, I had time and just did a chat with DJI support. Here’s what they said.

“We apologize for the inconvenience. Currently, our engineers have found that this issue may occasionally result in a camera issue, To guarantee your usage experience, DJI temporarily removes this feature. Our engineers are working on determining the reason for this issue. We apologize for the inconvenience.”

After I pressed her, she eventually said that they expect this to be fixed in version 1.5.12 of the DJI fly app but would not give a timeline. (Version 1.5.10 is current)

Thanks for the thread and update from DJI. I’m having the same issue with my MA2 and iPhone…..it was driving me crazy. Hopefully, it does get fixed as promised.

So, I had time and just did a chat with DJI support. Here’s what they said.

“We apologize for the inconvenience. Currently, our engineers have found that this issue may occasionally result in a camera issue, To guarantee your usage experience, DJI temporarily removes this feature. Our engineers are working on determining the reason for this issue. We apologize for the inconvenience.”

After I pressed her, she eventually said that they expect this to be fixed in version 1.5.12 of the DJI fly app but would not give a timeline. (Version 1.5.10 is current)
THANK YOU! This "bug" has been annoying me now for months! I appreciate your persistence! Looking forward to 1.5.12!

Same here! - 🍾 to 1.5.12!

THANK YOU! This "bug" has been annoying me now for months! I appreciate your persistence! Looking forward to 1.5.12!
Yeah it sucks as not having the photos download in the background is costing me time every day. I’m a home inspector and I’m flying a roof twice many days and can’t use my phone obviously while I’m flying or downloading photos. Being able to do those two at the same time is saving me time.

I am also not a super big fan of them randomly changing the flight software of something that is regulated by the FAA and I’m licensed to operate, yet they don’t tell me the parameters about what I’m flying until I’m trying to do something and I find out it acts differently. This update also changed the way the manual exposure controls worked, which is not a huge deal, but I guess I’m going to have to do a shakedown test flight after every firmware update just so I’m not confused while I am trying to fly 8 inches from a roof edge.

Flew on Saturday.
Now pictures are syncing to my iPhone :)Thumbswayup

Woops, but not automatically - Guess I'm still waiting for the 1.5.12 release :rolleyes:

I’m chatting with DJI about this again. These reps know nothing about this so it is almost hopeless trying to get real info.

Reactions: Tweeter
This issue appears to be fixed! I flew my MA2 on 6/4/22 and the photographs appeared on my iPhone automatically for the first time in ages.
I’m seeing some of them come through but not all. Seems like it is sporadic and takes longer than before.

I’m also seeing the app crash often while downloading the photos. I’ve deleted and reinstalled with no change.

Reactions: Tweeter
I’m seeing some of them come through but not all. Seems like it is sporadic and takes longer than before.

I’m also seeing the app crash often while downloading the photos. I’ve deleted and reinstalled with no change.
I am experiencing the same thing. Sometimes the videos upload to my photo album but not the pictures. Very frustrating.

Reactions: Sherifftruman
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54