DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pictures not turning out how I like. hELP!

Tallybreadtom

Reactions
I’ve had Mavic 2 pro for several months and ever since I had it pictures are not turning out like my platinum. I run the settings on auto. Not to camera savvy either. IMG_0104.JPGIMG_0105.JPGIMG_0106.JPG

I’ll attach some. Please help. Thanks!

Keep playing with it also run the pictures through Adobe light room and pull the sd card and load from there shot in the raw also

Knowing your camera settings as far as resolution and so forth. You also need to learn how to edit digital photos. I'd also not shoot looking into the sun.

I’ve had Mavic 2 pro for several months and ever since I had it pictures are not turning out like my platinum.

OP: Mr Salty's suggestion is a good one, i.e., try to avoid shooting into the sun as any camera will have difficulty with that lighting situation. The overhead shot is the best because it was not into the sun. Focus seems pretty good so try shooting "up sun" (with the sun to your back,) and show us a few of those shots. If you have access to any form of "cloud" account, upload the full-size, original images there and post a link here on the Forum.

Seems like you're looking at the miniature version, not the full size file from the aircraft's storage.

Try Filters also on zoom zoom out, focus on the subject then go back and zoom in

Maybe. It saved to SD card and I was able to retrieve the photo from DJI app.
There are different ways of doing that. You're probably pulling the low-res cached images without downloading the full-resolution images from the SD card, which can be done through the app or by removing the card and connecting it directly to a computer or tablet.

If photo quality is of importance to you I suggest you learn a lot more about how the camera works rather than relying on automatic settings and hoping for the best. This includes doing at least some proper editing after the fact. All photos benefit from post-processing.

Last edited:
Other than the first photo which is washed out because the full sun is creeping into the frame (it would look no different on a $5,000 DSLR), can you link some originals I can look at? I can probably tell you what is going on if you are unhappy with them. Your third photo in particular looks completely fine to me, and I can't judge focus or anything due to the small sizes posted, it is framed and exposed well enough, maybe a third of a stop under.

As suggested by his "When I zoom in they are extremely blurry" sentence the whole problem is that he's looking at files this size from the cache and thinking they're the full thing.

Maybe. It saved to SD card and I was able to retrieve the photo from DJI app.
The app by default only gives you a small preview. Got to specifically download the full size ones manually, or take the card out and read straight from it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato