DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pilot checklist

Google Drone Pilot's check-list. I have one I created in Aloft (formerly KityHawk)

I have seen that as an option in Aloft, but don’t see where one configures this to add the steps of a checklist. Is there a link to the instructions?
1663516231140.png1663516242409.png

After you find a check list that you like, add whatever extra points are needed, like: put on sun glasses or take off sunglasses, open bottle of water, set lawn chair up, turn up video display on the device, put phone into "do not disturb", get keys out of car, tie up dog, get someone else to watch the kids, call proper authorities if you are flying in Controlled Airspace,...

There are so many things one needs to remember, do you have Pre-Pre-flight check list? Check it batteries, controller, and the phone/tablet are charged? Put the Heli-pad (landing pad) in the car. Put cool drinks in cooler. get the batteries off the charger and put them in the flight kit. Put the flight kit in the car...

So, it's never ending, it is extremely frustrating to make sure the batteries are all charged up, but leave them plugged into the wall at home, Fill up the cooler with snacks and drinks, but leave it in the hallway at home.

I could go on but you probably got the idea two paragraphs ago...

After you find a check list that you like, add whatever extra points are needed, like: put on sun glasses or take off sunglasses, open bottle of water, set lawn chair up, turn up video display on the device, put phone into "do not disturb", get keys out of car, tie up dog, get someone else to watch the kids, call proper authorities if you are flying in Controlled Airspace,...

There are so many things one needs to remember, do you have Pre-Pre-flight check list? Check it batteries, controller, and the phone/tablet are charged? Put the Heli-pad (landing pad) in the car. Put cool drinks in cooler. get the batteries off the charger and put them in the flight kit. Put the flight kit in the car...

So, it's never ending, it is extremely frustrating to make sure the batteries are all charged up, but leave them plugged into the wall at home, Fill up the cooler with snacks and drinks, but leave it in the hallway at home.

I could go on but you probably got the idea two paragraphs ago...
That's a good point about the helipad. It will not fit in my DJI fly more bag (is the foldable plastic one with a big H in the middle), so I strap it to the outer back. Safe flying.

Trying to continue this thread before posting a new one. Now that Aloft is "Air control" I don't see the check list functionality any more. Those that used ALoft for you checklist what will you use now?

Reactions: LoudThunder

Attachments

• Mavic 2 Zoom Instructions.pdf
    303.2 KB · Views: 29
Google Drone Pilot's check-list. I have one I created in Aloft (formerly KityHawk)

You can print these off and laminate them, or sandwich and single laminate as a hard card that fits in your box/bag for quick reference and use. Or keep as PDF (format here) in your phone/tablet. Or paper print a few copies. Can send a .jpg if needed also.
Hi

Thought I might ask if there is anywhere I can download a checklist prior to taking off with my UAV (Mini 3 Pro).

Cheers

Thumbswayup

Attachments

• Mavic Insp_ back.pdf
    561.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Mavic Insp_ front.pdf
    626.2 KB · Views: 16
1666328968626.png

Trying to continue this thread before posting a new one. Now that Aloft is "Air control" I don't see the check list functionality any more. Those that used ALoft for you checklist what will you use now?
Yeah, I can see the checklists I previously created in the online account but nothing in the app. I can even edit them through web browser. I also don't see any data on previously logged checklists or maintenance. I downloaded the quick reference guide and it doesn't provide any information about checklists. Looking through some of the information it talks about transferring your data as long as you register with the same email address. Well you don't really register, you just login to the new app. Then it mentions about looking in the lower left of Aloft on the web and when I do that the only option is Logout. All of the links on the support pages to request support go to a blank page. This is rather frustrating.

Yeah, I can see the checklists I previously created in the online account but nothing in the app. I can even edit them through web browser. I also don't see any data on previously logged checklists or maintenance. I downloaded the quick reference guide and it doesn't provide any information about checklists. Looking through some of the information it talks about transferring your data as long as you register with the same email address. Well you don't really register, you just login to the new app. Then it mentions about looking in the lower left of Aloft on the web and when I do that the only option is Logout. All of the links on the support pages to request support go to a blank page. This is rather frustrating.
Click the Fly button at the bottom of the screen.

yes I know they're still in the PC app, but I don't take that with me when I'm flying. My point was they seem to be gone from the phone App. I also see your note above to try the fly button, but when I try that it just asks me to connect to my drone. I typically don't connect Aloft to my drone though. I'll try it once to see if I do, it presents me with the checklists.

For now I have set up a google sheet with easy checklist I can use with drop downs for some standard items to quickly go through.

yes I know they're still in the PC app, but I don't take that with me when I'm flying. My point was they seem to be gone from the phone App. I also see your note above to try the fly button, but when I try that it just asks me to connect to my drone. I typically don't connect Aloft to my drone though. I'll try it once to see if I do, it presents me with the checklists.

For now I have set up a google sheet with easy checklist I can use with drop downs for some standard items to quickly go through.
I am on my phone looking at Air Control. Click the Fly ribbon at the bottom and the checklist appears.

I am on my phone looking at Air Control. Click the Fly ribbon at the bottom and the checklist appears.
Are you android or Apple? I see log flight, but not checklist. Oh... maybe there is something I need to do in the web version to select a favorite checklist or something first and it will appear. Moving away from Aloft checklist now anyway since I couldn't get to it, I created a few alexa skills: Flight Planning Tasks, Preflight Tasks, and Take Off Tasks. I can just enable Alexa on my phone and she'll run through them for me. Now I just need to get it to save my results, that's next.

"Alexa, start flight planning tasks..."

1666397690182.png

Are you android or Apple? I see log flight, but not checklist. Oh... maybe there is something I need to do in the web version to select a favorite checklist or something first and it will appear. Moving away from Aloft checklist now anyway since I couldn't get to it, I created a few alexa skills: Flight Planning Tasks, Preflight Tasks, and Take Off Tasks. I can just enable Alexa on my phone and she'll run through them for me. Now I just need to get it to save my results, that's next.

"Alexa, start flight planning tasks..."

View attachment 156090
Android. Click the Fly ribbon. And - are you logged in on the app?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221021-194612_Air Control.jpg
    Screenshot_20221021-194612_Air Control.jpg
    423.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Android. Click the Fly ribbon. And - are you logged in on the app?
I am logged in, but when I click Fly, I don't get any checklist, however, going to the web version I can get to checklists by clicking manage, but then shows I have no checklists and don't see ability to add, which is probably why its not showing when I click fly button in app. If I click on authorizations I do see all my previous authorizations. Also, are you free user or enterprise? Not a worry for me though as I have switched to another checklist.
1666446605252.png

This is what I see after I click the fly ribbon, even after connecting and clicking all the options on the right I do not see any checklist.

1666447318981.png

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman