DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Pilot" Needs Assistance in NYC!

CoachMac

Reactions
Hey there everyone! So I have a kids' online camp and want to introduce a drone in live time! That is, I want to let the kids see what the drone is "seeing" when the drone is seeing it, given a slight lag for the internet connection speed. I'm willing to pay some kind, helpful pilot, also welcome to technical advice! (I'm researching my own first drone purchase to do it myself; but, as you may know, there are logistical problems with flying drones in NYC.)

Many thanks in advance for your thoughtful assistance!

Regards,
John M.
www.StartRightChess.com/virtual-camp

screen cast your phone or ipad to a small TV and run it off a generator. There are a heap of apps to do it with...assuming your TV can accept the signal which most can these days. I
if that is not possible then screen record it and replay...

Welcome to Mavic Pilots Mac! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .

Welcome to the forum. As you can see, you will find valuable support and feedback here. Wish you well on your flights. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

Hey there everyone! So I have a kids' online camp and want to introduce a drone in live time! That is, I want to let the kids see what the drone is "seeing" when the drone is seeing it, given a slight lag for the internet connection speed. I'm willing to pay some kind, helpful pilot, also welcome to technical advice! (I'm researching my own first drone purchase to do it myself; but, as you may know, there are logistical problems with flying drones in NYC.)

Many thanks in advance for your thoughtful assistance!

Regards,
John M.
www.StartRightChess.com/virtual-camp

1st if you are doing this in a classroom I’d suggest mirroring you phone or tablet to a tv. This video shows how. A chrome cast or Apple TV should do this.

2nd check out “NYC 5 Boroughs Drone Meetups” on Facebook. It’s a solid network of drone enthusiasts pro and amateur and are flying all over New York City.

Welcome to you from the wide-open spaces of Texas!

Haven’t flown in NY. Guess I'll have to see it thru your lens like your camp kids will. All the DJI drones are easy to fly, so you can concentrate on videography. Like RoarRoar said, A Chomecast or Apple TV should be a good vehicle for transmitting your video to the kids. As to your choice of a drone, it depends on how far you want to go in droning. If it's only for the camp, the Mini would be more than adequate.

Lots of fellow New Yorkers and over 100,000 others of us from around the world are here to help you gain skill as a pilot and photographer. NYC 5 Boroughs Drone Meetups might be a good place to start.

Be sure to read the manual! Be sure you practice "Find My Drone". Chances are you’ll crash, and perhaps lose your bird. Just be sure you know how to retrieve it.

Happy Camping!

Hello Coach Mac, Edmund here.
DM me and I will help you, I'm located in Brooklyn.
We can figure out a way and I can lend you a small aircraft you could fly in front of them
Hi Edmun,
Did I lose you? Understandable, but please let me know. Kids and parents involved, etc.
Thanks,
Coach Mac

Reactions: mrjohnc1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998