DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pink Hue in Video file

idp1

Reactions
I have noticed this hue in the video I shot on Mavic 2 Pro yesterday. It was on the phone while shooting and also in the file recorded. It is not persistent... it comes and goes. In 4 videos of around 3 minute each it appeared once in each video. Any suggestions on what is going on here is appreciated. Everything was set to Auto in settings for phot/video

1676626805860.png

I have noticed this hue in the video I shot on Mavic 2 Pro yesterday. It was on the phone while shooting and also in the file recorded. It is not persistent... it comes and goes. In 4 videos of around 3 minute each it appeared once in each video. Any suggestions on what is going on here is appreciated. Everything was set to Auto in settings for phot/video

View attachment 160722
Looks like an intermittent camera or video processing fault. It’s too extreme for bad white balance but to confirm try changing white balance to sunny or cloudy and see if there is any effect.

This has happened to me more than once, always a video defect. One time it was after a crash. Another time, the camera package was damaged by extreme heat in storage (put away while left turned on) and had to be repaired by DJI.

It is not likely to be corrected with WB settings. Even if you haven't crashed, it probably needs to be diagnosed in a repair shop. But you might want to look first to see if there are any cables not properly connected.

Chris

Thank you. I was searching online and most likely appears to be related to camera cable... although the search results were related to other DJI drones and not necessarily M2P. As I posted in a 3-4 minute video, it appears suddenly after few seconds and goes away by itself! I am going to spend some time this weekend to see what I can find out and if nothing comes up there is DJI service as a last step.

Thank you. I was searching online and most likely appears to be related to camera cable... although the search results were related to other DJI drones and not necessarily M2P. As I posted in a 3-4 minute video, it appears suddenly after few seconds and goes away by itself! I am going to spend some time this weekend to see what I can find out and if nothing comes up there is DJI service as a last step.
Camera cable faults usually show as highly saturated magenta or bright green and quite digital in nature. There doesn’t appear to be any breakup within the image and if it goes cleanly between the strong pink cast and then good I would suspect the camera itself.

Do you get the same in any photos?

Haven't shot any stills, but will do. I do recall seeing this saturated magenta in my stills years ago on my digital D80! But, it was like bands across some images while others were normal. I never saw complete saturation of the image like now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom