DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pixelated Video problem

Chad2017

Reactions
Hi All,
Some of my Mavic 2 Pro video recordings have a poor quality blocky pixelated playback , I even notice it on the screen during filming so I know that the footage will be no good. Looks like some sort of rendering issue. Filmed in 2K 30fps, I am yet to try other res and frame rates. Looking for answers, ideas or if anyone else has had the issue. DJI??
Link to short sample video here- Dropbox - Pixelatedvid.mp4

Reactions: wsteele
I noticed some odd transmitted video behaviour even though I had strong signal. Was not recording so can't compare to SD.

I often had really pixelated images from my unit but I also had to send it in to DJI for unrelated (or maybe related) issues.

Looks like a bad SD card. (missed / corrupt keyframes and otherwise stuttery framerate) What card is it, do you have any others to test with, have you tried recording directly to the drone's internal 8GB storage?

What does it look like if you pull the SD card out and use a card reader to view the footage on a PC?

Hi All,
Some of my Mavic 2 Pro video recordings have a poor quality blocky pixelated playback , I even notice it on the screen during filming so I know that the footage will be no good. Looks like some sort of rendering issue. Filmed in 2K 30fps, I am yet to try other res and frame rates. Looking for answers, ideas or if anyone else has had the issue. DJI??

I am not sure how this file was produced, but it is definitely not correct. Did you process it somehow? I am asking because it has Audio embedded, which is not produced by the drone. Additionally the Bitrate, which should be at 100 MBit is only 12.1 MBit in the File. (see Mediainfo below)

33803096ci.jpg

Are you sure we are looking at the video you had on your SD card of the Mavic?

Opps... just took a second look. The used codec is 3gp5, which means it is produced for your phone. ;) So this is most probably the cache of your life-view and not the file of the SD card on the Mavic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chopstix Kid
Hi All,

Make sure you have the video settings on .264, NOT .265. I made the mistake of changing it to .265 and it screwed up the picture entirely - jumpy/skipping/etc. I changed it back to .264 and everything looks fine on the recorded video.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Thanks for your answers, ideas people.
I have it sorted now..
It seams that when in the go4 app I select on the video i wish to download to the phone it only transfers a reduced quality smaller size file. My Q now is Why doesn't it transfer the whole original size and quality file?

Reactions: littlelegs
Make sure you have the video settings on .264, NOT .265. I made the mistake of changing it to .265 and it screwed up the picture entirely - jumpy/skipping/etc. I changed it back to .264 and everything looks fine on the recorded video.

You'll need to be in H.265 if you shoot in log or HDR.

You'll need to be in H.265 if you shoot in log or HDR.

Yes, I understand this. I guess that means I'll HAVE to invest in a more powerful device than the iPad 4 Mini, if I decide to shoot in log or HDR. The iPad 4 Mini just won't cut it. It can barely handle the current version of DJI GO 4 as it is. Even with Airplane Mode on and Video Cacheing turned off, and transmission in a lower resolution.

Running the Mini2 I do often get the device CPU overload notification when I launch Go4, but I don't believe I've run into any performance issues yet.

I plan on upgrading the device but haven't decided on what to run. I am considering a CS.

seems like most of the people having issues with video either:
- download it to their phone directly from drone (huge no no. just bring the SD card to your PC and do it.)
- have a slow old SD card in it.

OP should be clear if he's referring to the cached live recording on his phone or what's on the SD card/internal memory on the AC. I interpreted he means the cache video.
Video record settings don't affect cache video type as far as I know.

What micro SD card are you using exactly?

EDIT: I see you may have it sorted...disregard if that is the case.

If you're responding to me, SD not relevant. I'm talking about the cached video.
But I'm using Ultra or Ultra plus on my mobiles, Extreme on the AC.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cht6688