DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Places to Fly?

Caps360

Reactions
New to this, simply looking to practice and eventually get cinematic shots. I feel like everywhere invites either police or people to say something. Everywhere worth while is either on a park or near it. I'm afraid being near a place and avoiding it, still allows people and police to over exaggerate and say you did. I read that MD state parks, you just get permission from park manager. How nice are they with allowing drones?

Do a web search for the FAA TRUST test; then get an app like B4Ufly to help sort out where flying is legal. Also, look up a community group to join like Aircraft Modelers Association to find reasonable safety guidelines you can follow so you can fly under the recreational rules.

I am located in Frederick, and there are lots of wide open spaces to fly. In five years of flying I have never been approached by law enforcement. There is class D airspace in a five mile radius around the Frederick Airport, but getting LANCE approval has never been an issue for me.

Welcome to the forum from the beautiful woods of Maine!

I have flown in state park and never had any problems. I flew in FT Frederick and since it was a drive I asked first and they were pleased and surprised that I was following the rules

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PhilTone