DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Places to visit in Spain - Spain's Greatest Gorge

DiscoverSpain

Reactions
Site
discoverspainvideo.wordpress.com

In the west of Cantabria (Spain), marking the edge of the Picos de Europa, we find the Hermida Gorge: a steep gorge 21 kilometres long, the longest on the Iberian Peninsula.

The river Deva flows through it, flanked by rock faces that reach a height of 600 metres, making the gorge an authentic scenic spectacle.

Apart from the river Deva, there is hardly any space left along the Hermida for the winding N-621 road that connects Unquera with Lebeña (the end of the gorge) and Potes, the capital of the Liébana valley. This route is the only road access to the valley from the Cantabrian Sea.

Inside the gorge you can enjoy several viewpoints located on the sides of the road, conveniently signposted, and others for which it is necessary to leave the gorge to get the best views. The most impressive is the Santa Catalina viewpoint. From the Santa Catalina viewpoint you can see the gorge from above, with the Picos de Europa in the background and, if you are lucky, you may even see the bearded vultures flying right in front of you. Quite a natural spectacle.

If you like adventure sports, you are in luck, because in the Hermida gorge there is one of the first Via Ferratas to be built in Cantabria, called the Hermida. A via ferrata is a climbing route with aids in the form of steel steps, so you can climb the mountain easily, without knowing anything about climbing, in total safety, as you will always be hooked to a safety cable.

I always look forward to watching your videos. This one is more natural beauty, although I love the videos showing the amazing medieval towns. In fact, I watched two others on YouTube:

Sobrellano Palace in Comillas, Cantabria and UNESCO World Heritage Cities - Cuenca in Spain

I loved them both. You make me want to visit Spain...hopefully I will after I retire next year!
Buen trabajo!!!

Reactions: DiscoverSpain
Very beautiful! The rock in the center @ :35 - :39 looks a lot like El Capitan in Yosemite National Park in California, US.

I always look forward to watching your videos. This one is more natural beauty, although I love the videos showing the amazing medieval towns. In fact, I watched two others on YouTube:

Sobrellano Palace in Comillas, Cantabria and UNESCO World Heritage Cities - Cuenca in Spain

I loved them both. You make me want to visit Spain...hopefully I will after I retire next year!
Buen trabajo!!!

I am very glad that you like my videos and try to go to Spain to visit it. If you do, I hope you won't be disappointed and enjoy it as much as I do.

Thank you very much for your nice comments!

Very beautiful! The rock in the center @ :35 - :39 looks a lot like El Capitan in Yosemite National Park in California, US.

I don't see the similarity. I guess it's because I'm used to the typical "postcard" photo and they will all come out at the same angle.

Thank you very much for watching the video and commenting!

I don't see the similarity. I guess it's because I'm used to the typical "postcard" photo and they will all come out at the same angle.

Thank you very much for watching the video and commenting!
True enough. They do tend look @ its "good side." But, having been there, it does have other angles to look at, all of which make it an impressive piece of rock.

True enough. They do tend look @ its "good side." But, having been there, it does have other angles to look at, all of which make it an impressive piece of rock.

It has to be an impressive place with the Rocky Mountains, waterfall, redwoods, ...etc. I have it on my bucket list so I'll get there one day I guess I'll remember your comment about the similarity.

Reactions: Prop Wash

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato