DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Plastic bubble on Mavic 2 zoom

Mikeg

Reactions
I’ve found that you can remove the gimbal lock from the bubble but this has no effect as you still get a warning that the gimbal is locked. I would like to leave the Bubble on to protect the camera while learning new Manoeuvers.
Is there a way around this?

I’ve found that you can remove the gimbal lock from the bubble but this has no effect as you still get a warning that the gimbal is locked. I would like to leave the Bubble on to protect the camera while learning new Manoeuvers.
Is there a way around this?
Unfortunately with the M2 series, you will have to remove the gimbal protector completely even before turning on the aircraft or you will get that warning and possibly damage the gimbal itself.
Only the original Mavic Pro can be flown with the bubble on because of it’s design.
It does not interfere with the operation of the camera.
The M2 series does.

Reactions: PURSUER01
probably a design feature to stop people leaving it on as it blocks the air intake for the cooling fan i am sure there will be some aftermarket guard come sun shade that will do the job before to long as there was for MP1

You need to remove the gimbal bubble as there is a plastic part on top that will hold the gimbal in place.

dear lolo780 sorry for the misinformation do not have a mp2 so does that mean that the sloping panel behind the gimbal is solid unlike my mpp it is hard to tell on pictures of the mp2

Reactions: Sims
dear lolo780 sorry for the misinformation do not have a mp2 so does that mean that the sloping panel behind the gimbal is solid unlike my mpp it is hard to tell on pictures of the mp2
Mavic 2 Pro gimbal cover is shaped to fit around the oblong shaped Hasselblad camera and act as a sort of shelf doe it to rest on. Therefore, if the cover was left on and the camera began to come alive, it would hit the cover and would stop the movement of the camera which would not be a good thing. The Mavic Pro camera could freely rotate around inside that round gimbal, so it is not the same as the 2 Pro.

Also even thought the body airflow is on the sides, the gimbal camera might also need airflow.

It's solid behind the camera. In video mode the M2P camera likely needs some airflow over the heat sink fins depending on ambient temperature.

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_