Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Platinum available locally yet? BigBox or Hobby Shops

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reactions
As the title suggests.... has anyone see the Mavic Pro Platinum available locally to them yet? I know there is a HUGE backlog of preOrders yet to be shipped but I would imagine there are some pallets of stock going out to some retail locations across the country already.

I'm hoping to see it at BestBuy in the next few weeks so I can snatch one up with some batteries.

Anyone seen one local to you yet? If not post here when you do :)

Reactions: dirkclod
As the title suggests.... has anyone see the Mavic Pro Platinum available locally to them yet? I know there is a HUGE backlog of preOrders yet to be shipped but I would imagine there are some pallets of stock going out to some retail locations across the country already.

I'm hoping to see it at BestBuy in the next few weeks so I can snatch one up with some batteries.

I would expect it to be soon. I ordered direct from DJI on the 19th of Oct and today the 24th I've been notified it has been shipped. I certainly did not expect that but IT'S ON THE WAY!!! It shows a two day transit but it also shows originating in China.

Reactions: BigAl07
I would expect it to be soon.

I'd like to see it available locally sooner than later. I want the "no hassle return policy" so I can make sure it fits my needs and doesn't have any "issues". That's the only reason why I didn't pre-order it.

It shows a two day transit but it also shows originating in China.

And I thought the Concord was no longer in service LOL.

Reactions: Brojon
I would expect it to be soon. I ordered direct from DJI on the 19th of Oct and today the 24th I've been notified it has been shipped. I certainly did not expect that but IT'S ON THE WAY!!! It shows a two day transit but it also shows originating in China.
Did you order the FMP or just the drone?

I got the drone only. I want to choose my own accessories. Plus I wanted to be sure there are no "issues" as you say before ordering them, too. There are some nice optional carrying bags out and a charger that will charge three batteries at one time instead of one at a time. Your "Concord" comment is appropos as I just checked again and the ETA is now one day more, so three days in shipping instead of two from China. FYI....here are those two accessories: https://www.amazon.com/Vovomay-Hard...137fcabc4b5ad19bdd1c8d0d1825d40e&linkCode=ktl and
https://www.amazon.com/Anbee-Batter...01N2TTH4A/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

I've got that exact same brand of charger for my Phantom3 and my Inspire aircraft and it works splendidly.

I've got that exact same brand of charger for my Phantom3 and my Inspire aircraft and it works splendidly.
Oh, I thank you for that comment. I was wondering if it was ok as an aftermarket product. Hope it would not void any warranty. I am wondering what to do with my Phantom 3. Sell it? Keep it? I doubt I'll need it after this wonderful machine arrives.

I was wondering if it was ok as an aftermarket product. Hope it would not void any warranty.
If you damage a battery using it, then it would probably void the warranty for that battery. Many people have been using that battery charger for some time now, so the chances of it damaging your batteries is pretty slim.

Oh, I thank you for that comment. I was wondering if it was ok as an aftermarket product. Hope it would not void any warranty. I am wondering what to do with my Phantom 3. Sell it? Keep it? I doubt I'll need it after this wonderful machine arrives.

You can sell it but don't be surprised if the value is low. Used UAS don't fetch a premium price especially ones that are older series.

I'd rather sell it for a few dollars than sit on it and not fly it and it be worth nothing in a year or so.

Yep, that's a great charger; I have one for my Mavic, but it's too big and heavy to go in my sling bag, so it stays at home while the factory charger and car charger stay in the sling.

Yep, that's a great charger; I have one for my Mavic, but it's too big and heavy to go in my sling bag, so it stays at home while the factory charger and car charger stay in the sling.
I think I'll opt for an inverter and use the regular charger if necessary when mobile. All I need to do is check the wattage of the charger to be sure I get the right size. ( I doubt a bank of 3 batteries could be charged that way, however off the 12 volt plug.)

I think I'll opt for an inverter and use the regular charger if necessary when mobile. All I need to do is check the wattage of the charger to be sure I get the right size. ( I doubt a bank of 3 batteries could be charged that way, however off the 12 volt plug.)
We have one of those Lighter Adapters which allows you to plug a 110 into the lighter in the car. It can easily charge a single battery but the lighter doesn't have enough to charge all THREE through the ciggy lighter fuse.

Still not seeing them local yet at least not in Western NC.

Reactions: phoenix3
I went ahead and ordered the Platinum Basic kit from DJI direct. I ordered last week and it's scheduled to deliver Wednesday by 4pm.

Just jiggling the wires here, again, has anyone heard of a BigBox store release date in the US for the MPP yet?

I just bought a fly more package off Amazon - gets delivered Wednesday and it's sold by DJI, fulfilled by Amazon so no grey market or bogus listings.

You can sell it but don't be surprised if the value is low. Used UAS don't fetch a premium price especially ones that are older series.
I'd rather sell it for a few dollars than sit on it and not fly it and it be worth nothing in a year or so.

That's a fact, but I'd keep it for use as a disposable in those situations where you'd rather not risk your main flyer until you check it out up close and personal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d