DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Platinum range test

Koelkop

Reactions
Hello all.

Today was totally wind still so I went for a range test again. Previous best was 7500m coming home with 2% battery:)

This time 8528m landing with 0%:eek:;)

Reactions: LongRifle
Hello all.

Today was totally wind still so I went for a range test again. Previous best was 7500m coming home with 2% battery:)

This time 8528m landing with 0%:eek:;)

Becareful, draining the battery to 0% is not healthy if you want this to last longer. I will say do not go below 10% discharged.

Reactions: GavieboyDji
Becareful, draining the battery to 0% is not healthy if you want this to last longer. I will say do not go below 10% discharged.
Like macoman says your battery will puff up if you keep draining to 0 % it's not good for your battery. Great video and wow at the 8000 meters distance the Mavic Pro always amazes me. Dji needs to use ocusync on all its drones range the air should of definitely came with ocusync.

Yes I know its not the best to drain to 0% but I don't do a range test with every flight, and most likely wont again as I now know the exact limit:D

Reactions: GavieboyDji
Like macoman says your battery will puff up if you keep draining to 0 % it's not good for your battery. Great video and wow at the 8000 meters distance the Mavic Pro always amazes me. Dji needs to use ocusync on all its drones range the air should of definitely came with ocusync.
If DJI make another Mavic Air, let's call it Mavic Air 2. This should have occusyn built in. DJI needs to stop producing wifi based drones that cost $700+ dollars. Not one wants to invest in a WiFi drone that cost a lot of money and it's very susceptible to interferences.

Reactions: kyle mavic
Great video and wow at the 8000 meters distance the Mavic Pro always amazes me. Dji needs to use ocusync on all its drones range the air should of definitely came with ocusync.

Occusync really does perform well. Where I live there isn't really much interference besides the High voltage powerlines, will lose a few bars signal going near and over them and once past it all is well again!

If DJI make another Mavic Air, let's call it Mavic Air 2. This should have occusyn built in. DJI needs to stop producing wifi based drones that cost $700+ dollars. Not one wants to invest in a WiFi drone that cost a lot of money and it's very susceptible to interferences.
I really hope the next mavic air has ocusync I can do with what the battery does on the 1 but every drone that dji makes from now on has to have ocusync once you've used a drone with it, it's hard to go back to something without. I have the Spark that I use for close by myself and for flying in tight spaces but as soon as I use my pro with the ocusync and the quality video downlink it brings compared to normal WiFi on the spark. It's massive.

That video was awesome.

Reactions: Koelkop

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54