DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Playing 4K Video on TV not working

Rogerc

Reactions
With the help of others on this site I was able to solve a problem I was having so I am back again. THANK YOU!!
I have several 4K clips without music that play fine on my Samsung 4K TV. When I add music it stutters and does not play well at all.
If I render it at 1920x1080 with music it plays perfectly.
Is there something I am doing wrong in Davinci Resolve (free edition) that is not allowing the video to play right at 4K?
I can't believe that this TV won't play 4K video with music. I like my videos at 4K with music and want to figure this out.
The videos plays fine on my computer at 4K with music.
Thanks to everyone for a helpful and knowledgeable site.
RC

What are you using to play the vid’s through your TV ? If it’s a USB pen drive it may not be fast enough.

Yes, it is a Sandisk Ultra USB 3.0 drive. Up to 150MB/s read speed. It I didn't know they came in different speeds other than the 2.0 is slower than 3.0.
I would think that the USB I am using would be fast enough..
Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Yes, it is a Sandisk Ultra USB 3.0 drive. Up to 150MB/s read speed. It I didn't know they came in different speeds other than the 2.0 is slower than 3.0.
I would think that the USB I am using would be fast enough..
Any suggestions?
Up to 150 MB/s. This really doesn’t tell us anything. What drive is it and where did you get it? What format are you exporting your video from resolve in?

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Check for H265, 12 bit quality,
Use wondershare converter for Mac
Then it will go
TVs are specific regarding file acceptance.
Hah same problems with Loewe tv.

H264 is quite reliable with 8 bit pixel depth. H265 with 12 bit is much harder to get working properly.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato