DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Please get the DJI Care Refresh!!!

remotepilot

Reactions
So, my M2Z is at DJI for damage analysis since I put it in a fresh water drink. The estimate that they gave me if I chose to not use DJI Care Refresh was $845!!! Since I have the DJI Care Refresh, I am able to get a replacement for $119! Awesome! I'll have my drone back and flying within the week. DJI may have it's problems that they are working out, but the DJI Care Refresh is top notch!

Kind Regards,

remotepilot

When you get it back, will it be a refurbished unit? Can’t remember if they are still putting an “R” in the serial number when that happens.
I’m not a care refresh person, so please share.
TIA

I will be receiving a replacement tomorrow. I can let you know.

I have also had a great experience with the care refresh process.

I can't find the email that DJI, but I know that it stated DJI will send a new one or a drone that has been thoroughly repaired and tested... in other words a refurbished one. The latest email I received gave me a quote on repair costs which came to $845. By purchasing Care Refresh for $119 and then paying a "fee" of $109 for their troubles, I'll get a drone in return. Sounds like quite the racket, but for the enjoyment that I get is worth it.

Regards,

remotepilot

When you get it back, will it be a refurbished unit? Can’t remember if they are still putting an “R” in the serial number when that happens.
I’m not a care refresh person, so please share.
TIA

I'll also post whether there is an R in the serial number.

I crashed my M2Z two months ago. Repair cost not using care refresh was around 360€ and using it only 119€.
I got the new unit after few days. I don't know if it's a refurbished drone but it looks new and performance is excellent. Serial number starts with: 0M63....

I opened up my replacement unit and there is no R in the serial number. It also came in a new bow with a matching serial number on the box. That part surprised me, I expected a somewhat generic box for some reason.

I am certain it is a refurbished unit though as there is a slight scuff on top of the camera from the gimbal cover and some wear noted on things like the little seal covering the USB port. It has protective stickers in various spots like over sensors and where the arms meet the body when folded.

Reactions: Thomas B and Starz
The SN on the M2Z I sent in begins with: 0M63G*********.

An email from DJI states that the M2Z that they are sending has an SN beginning 0M6DG*********.

Does anyone have any info one the SNs of DJI M2Z drones? I'm wondering how the SNs are assigned. Random? Or is there a hint in the alpha / numerics that give info on whether it may be a new M2Z or a refurbished one?

The plot thickens...

remotepilot

H
The SN on the M2Z I sent in begins with: 0M63G*********.

An email from DJI states that the M2Z that they are sending has an SN beginning 0M6DG*********.

Does anyone have any info one the SNs of DJI M2Z drones? I'm wondering how the SNs are assigned. Random? Or is there a hint in the alpha / numerics that give info on whether it may be a new M2Z or a refurbished one?

The plot thickens...

remotepilot
Right here.
D-Serial by Marco Tricarico
‎D-Serial

Using djidecode <------- click here to find out when your Mavic was built.

The SN on the M2Z I sent is: 0M6DG****167JB

The info that came back was:
Model: Unknown, built on: 8. April 2019
This could be very well be since I bought the M2Z from Thunder Drones.

The SN on the M2Z that DJI is sending as part of the Care Refresh is: 0M63G****1K012

The info that came back was:
Model: Unknown, built on: 23. April 2019

Wow... So I may be getting a new M2Z built about 50 days ago.

Best of everything drone,

remotepilot

Sorry, I forgot to say that the website was created when only the Mavic was being sold. This site is for Sparks and I think that's why the info comes back as

"Model: Unknown, built on: 23. April 2019"

remotepilot

Sorry, I forgot to say that the website was created when only the Mavic was being sold. This site is for Sparks and I think that's why the info comes back as

"Model: Unknown, built on: 23. April 2019"

remotepilot
Try DSerial Pro it’s an app, free when I got it. Gives the info with model included.

Reactions: remotepilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnny760