DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Please help mavic pro platinum

I believe ac0j got this one right. If you turn off the bottom sensors, hover within reach, and push it up or pull it down with your hand the motors will slow down or speed up trying to maintain its height.
LOL! Even a broken clock is right a couple times a day! :D

Reactions: WAXMAN
Hi guys think you got the wrong idea. I was simply just stating up the motors. While holding the drone with little throttle the drone wants to go full power leaving me to hold the drone very tighly. Wanted to test the motors as an error came up. Didn't mean to give the wrong impression of flying indoors.

It was still a daft thing to do. I can hardly believe you are an experienced drone pilot with a phantom 4. Still, we all make boo boos now and then, my apologies for thinking you were new.

When you use the app automatic take off the drone will reach the altitude of 3 to 4 meters and holds automatically. The gimbal will head down and take some snapshots of the area under it. This is used fir precision landing. This will override your throttle. So try to take it off manually im sure this is ur issue

When you use the app automatic take off the drone will reach the altitude of 3 to 4 meters and holds automatically. The gimbal will head down and take some snapshots of the area under it. This is used fir precision landing. This will override your throttle. So try to take it off manually im sure this is ur issue
The gimbal does not move and take a picture of the take off point. The sensors under the mavic take the image. Those sensors are two small cameras.

Mavic will rise up about 4 feet when you launch by hitting the launch icon on dgigo4. It will hover there while home point is set which takes about 20 or so seconds. This is the default as I understand it. I have not made any changes to mine for launch

I always launch with the take off icon in the app.

Not sure how all this works but hen you hand hold it.

Paul Caldwell
Home point is recorder before take off or motors are started. Once the Mavic is turned on and acquires enough satellites. Do NOT start the motors or take off until the app confirms that the home point has been recorded. She says it and you can verify it on the map.

Ah cool i thought the gimbal does it cause in my mavic air it always points down on precision take off, thanks for the tip bro

Guys thank you, I figured it out and now it only responds to a little throttle. At the beginning before writing the post I calibrated the imu successfully. I moved the mavic about 10m from the original location and re calibrated the imu which solved the issue. A little interference as some of you said. However, I just haven't had this problem before in this location. Thank you!

Ah cool i thought the gimbal does it cause in my mavic air it always points down on precision take off, thanks for the tip bro
It works the same way on the Air the camera gimbal does not move, it uses the bottom sensors (cameras).

It just amazes me when I read this forum. You have a new pilot explaining he tried his FIRST flight inside and wonders why it never turns out right. And then he asks your sage advice and then argues, disregards or gives you the ‘Yeah....but’ story.

You guys and gals here have the patience of Job. Keep it up. I benefit greatly from all your tips and advice. Seeing people like this guy on the forum keeps me flying safe.

Hi there Mfpullen, as I stated I wasn't intending to fly in side. This forum should be some where were new, intermediate and ddvanced pilots can come and ask questions or advice without such people like yourself making them feel they can't. I think you should read through this discussion once more and get a true understanding what I was trying to ask rather than put comments like you did.

Thank you

... with little throttle the drone wants to go full power leaving me to hold the drone very tighly.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that if you're in gps mode, you are not controlling a throttle setting, but commanding the drone to rise up at a given vertical velocity. If the altitude is not allowed to change, then the drone will increase the power to the motors in order to attempt to rise, reaching full power.

I guess that is what ac0j is saying. The confusion arises because you are thinking throttle while, in fact in gps mode, all stick inputs are commands to change the current (gps-maintained) position.

Last edited:
Hi guys think you got the wrong idea. I was simply just stating up the motors. While holding the drone with little throttle the drone wants to go full power leaving me to hold the drone very tighly. Wanted to test the motors as an error came up. Didn't mean to give the wrong impression of flying indoors.

You cannot start the motors on a Pro while you are holding it in your hand. The IMU will try and level the Mavic by applying more throttle to the low corner. As you are holding it t will keep applying throttle until it reaches full throttle.

Cheers

Reactions: genesimmons
It went to full throttle because it wasn’t allowed to move. If you stop it from rising it will continue to accelerate until it reaches its limit because it knows it’s not moving. It does not work like a car. It is much more intelligent. Put the thing where it belongs. On a launch pad or a driveway. It will fly perfectly.

It sounds to me that the sensors were active as I’m pretty sure they are in beginner mode anyway so the drone will immediately try and get away from you as it thinks your hand is an obstacle

There is no "Neutral" on a Mavic. You cant sit and rev the motors like a race car.
It starts and idles, and ANY stick input translates to drone movement in the direction it is commanded to move. If you keep it from moving, it will try harder to move.
the stick is NOT a "THROTTLE" it is climb and descend. Has nothing to do with the sensors, it has everything to do with DONT DO THAT!

It went to full throttle because it wasn’t allowed to move. If you stop it from rising it will continue to accelerate until it reaches its limit because it knows it’s not moving. It does not work like a car. It is much more intelligent. Put the thing where it belongs. On a launch pad or a driveway. It will fly perfectly.

Thats is what I am trying to say!
I chuckled when I thought to myself, "what if a mavic had enough power to lift a human" i imagined the OP white knuckled on his mavic about 20 feet AGL! :D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid