DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Please help mavic pro platinum

miles98

Reactions
Just opened my mavic and holded it while I started the motors. Got loads of room Indoors (garage) any way it seems that the mavic goes to full throttle and wants to shoot up! Good job I was holding it.. any ideas if that made sense. Worried to take it on it's first flight

Just opened my mavic and holded it while I started the motors. Got loads of room Indoors (garage) any way it seems that the mavic goes to full throttle and wants to shoot up! Good job I was holding it.. any ideas if that made sense. Worried to take it on it's first flight
You are tripping the sensors on the bottom of the Mavic, do not hold it in your hand unless you turn the sensors off.

take her outside, no good happens from flying inside, to much weird interfierince and such, take her outside and calibrate both compass and emu and she will be good to go

Don't want to take it outside for it to shoot up. I only put a little throttle on and it went full power (throttle)

better outside if theres a prob than inside, if u calaibrate everything and have good gps signal ouside she should be good to go, it may sound like shes full throottle but shes prob not, flying indoors is asking for trouble to much interfierince, take her out side and reboot everything and set home point and calibrate and do a quick hover

Reactions: WAXMAN and ksmusa
I’m sure many will chip in with advice. The best I can give for a newbie is never ever ever set it going indoors, even a large garage unless you really want to be picking up the pieces. Find a nice largish open space and pull both sticks down and inwards to start the motors gently turning and then take off nice and easy with the left stick pushed gently forward.
You can of course use the auto take off and landing, with precision landing selected. Above all. Don’t worry. As long as you’ve calibrated the compass as per instructions and got GPS mode, the rest is straightforward. Oh, and read the manual or watch you tube.

Reactions: WAXMAN and ksmusa
How did you start it? Since it is difficult to start by holding both sticks down and in and hold the Mavic at the same time, I am thinking you initiated auto-takeoff in the app. If so, auto-takeoff was trying to go up 1.2 meters to hover.

My thought exactly. The Mavic isn’t a toy. It’s a serious piece of flying equipment, and should be treat as such.

Reactions: buzzbuggy1970
Don't want to take it outside for it to shoot up. I only put a little throttle on and it went full power (throttle)
• Perhaps since this is your first Mavic, you only thought it was full power instead of the "little throttle" input you gave it.
• You gave it more throttle than you thought you did. It is harder to give precise controls one-handed.
• You may have turned off the forward sensors instead of the downward ones.

Take it to an open field, check you RTH settings, and fly it. There are too many problems for a new pilot to deal with flying indoors (YouTube is full of indoor crash videos).

Reactions: ksmusa
Hi guys think you got the wrong idea. I was simply just stating up the motors. While holding the drone with little throttle the drone wants to go full power leaving me to hold the drone very tighly. Wanted to test the motors as an error came up. Didn't mean to give the wrong impression of flying indoors.

It goes full power because it was trying to climb with your throttle command even though it was a little throttle input it was trying to gain a “little” altitude as per your throttle input. Since you were holding it it kept adding power till it could gain a little altitude. Take it outside set it down and try again.

Ac0j, that makes perfect sense! Thank you. Is there any thing on the app as such that tests all the electronics. Want to be sure all the parts are fault free. My phantom 4 pro came faulty right out the box!

Mavic will rise up about 4 feet when you launch by hitting the launch icon on dgigo4. It will hover there while home point is set which takes about 20 or so seconds. This is the default as I understand it. I have not made any changes to mine for launch

I always launch with the take off icon in the app.

Not sure how all this works but hen you hand hold it.

Paul Caldwell

It goes full power because it was trying to climb with your throttle command even though it was a little throttle input it was trying to gain a “little” altitude as per your throttle input. Since you were holding it it kept adding power till it could gain a little altitude. Take it outside set it down and try again.
I believe ac0j got this one right. If you turn off the bottom sensors, hover within reach, and push it up or pull it down with your hand the motors will slow down or speed up trying to maintain its height.

Try to set the maximum height to 20m (learned that is the minimum in meters). At least it won’t try to go over. The software will try to over ride.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kitkat