DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Please help me out

Hadriangolfer

Reactions
Hi all this is my 2nd drone. My first was a manic but crashed it and I've always wanted another one so i bought the pro version. I have been out with it 3 times and I'm getting frustrated already

The image plays back fine on the iPad in the dji4 app but when i load it onto my MacBook pro it is very bitty/jumpy to play back. I am trying to use premier pro.

I have the correct card sandisc extreme 64gb U3 A2 v30.

I know nothing about camera settings or computers to be honest so i am an absolute novice. I believe i am shooting in 4k (Do i need to?) not sure its only for home footage and youtube etc.

Do you think its my laptop that is the problem its about 5 years old?

Any advice would be highly appreciated, but please remember i need a dummies guide.

Thanks in advance for any replies

Hi all this is my 2nd drone. My first was a manic but crashed it and I've always wanted another one so i bought the pro version. I have been out with it 3 times and I'm getting frustrated already

The image plays back fine on the iPad in the dji4 app but when i load it onto my MacBook pro it is very bitty/jumpy to play back. I am trying to use premier pro.

I know nothing about camera settings or computers to be honest so i am an absolute novice. I believe i am shooting in 4k (Do i need to?) not sure its only for home footage and youtube etc.

Any advice would be highly appreciated, but please remember i need a dummies guide.

Try playing back on a 4K TV. I shoot in 4K and render the files in both 4K and 1080p so they will play on various devices.

unless you intend to do a lot of video processing then 1080 at 30fps is perfectly adequate and should play very well on your computer

I have a laptop with both Windows 7 and 10 on it, I find that some high resolution video that will not play when using w7 do play when using w10.

Last edited by a moderator:
My desktop PC does everything I need to run our business and has never had a problem keeping up with anything. When I first got my drone, I filmed at 4K and video was choppy. I don't even have a monitor that can view 4K and I'll never use my footage professionally so I switched to 1080p and my PC keeps up fine now.

Reactions: THE CYBORG

THe MacBook Pro should not have any trouble at all, first try playing it on the Photos app to see if it is a problem with premiere Pro

You might check the cable. I had a similar problem with an Android Tab A tablet until I bought a data cable, not just a charging cable that I had.

Also since nobody has mentioned it yet, the H265 codec really struggles to play on even newer machines. H264 will play better in 4K on a lesser machine. Still may experience some dropped frames. If you're using Premiere Pro, make proxies to edit. It will go smoother and replace them with the high resolution versions when it renders out your video.

You might check the cable. I had a similar problem with an Android Tab A tablet until I bought a data cable, not just a charging cable that I had.
That would have no bearing on what's on the SD card or how a PC would handle what's on the card.
It would affect the cache video though, since that's captured by the app and stored on device storage.

There's a lot more video information placed in AC video than one typically encounters and older systems, particularly with older/cheaper graphics cards, can't handle it even at 1080p.

That was my experience with 1080p recordings from my P3A back in 2016. Every few seconds in playback and it would stutter. Frame by frame playback showed no issues. When I upgraded to a better video card, problem cleared up.

All very true: the video card in your older computer may not cope with the high resolution that 4K demands.
Switch to 1080!
Besides the human eye is hardly able to see the difference between 4k and 1080 anyway

Ruud

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cht6688