DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Please help me with this annoying problem

Skiergd011013

Reactions
I am having a problem with my live video feed looking foggy. It'll do it sometimes, and then suddenly fix and look perfectly normal. I posted about it several weeks ago, and most said it was condensation. This drone has NEVER, EVER been exposed to water. I also inspected the camera lens carefully, and see nothing. It is strange because i can take off and it looks good, then once i'm up and flying, it will suddenly look smokey (i noticed it usually begins when i pan the camera at the horizon). Sometimes it'll stay smokey looking, and sometimes it will instantly go back to normal. I am also getting the "tap to focus" beeping noise every 15-20 secs and the corresponding green square on the screen, without me tappinh on the screen. I tried using a different usb cable, i have cleared cache, i have reinstalled the go app as well. Could it be some camera setting?? Any ideas?Screenshot_20180913-141356.jpg Screenshot_20180913-142511.jpg

Last edited:
I think it’s not related to the app, check if your camera is clean, also I recommend the use of ND Filters to reduce flares. The flare on your screen just makes the drone think it’s out of focus, that’s why it keeps focusing for a while.

Are you flying with the clear bubble thing over the camera?

No, it only causes glare and stops airflow into the drone, I strongly advise you to fly without it, if you’re flying with it that’s likely to be the problem here.

I was talking to the Original poster.....

No, the camera cover was not on. How do I clean the lens? And how do you swap filters? I just dont understand what's wrong. I absolutely baby this thing.

Was there a change of temperature? It almost looks like condensation caused by taking a cold (cool) camera out on a hot, humid day. This can be mitigated by allowing the Mavic to acclimate to the temperature before flying.

Was there a change of temperature? It almost looks like condensation caused by taking a cold (cool) camera out on a hot, humid day. This can be mitigated by allowing the Mavic to acclimate to the temperature before flying.
its possible. It was humid today, and probably was the other days as well. I will try this idea. Can you tell me how to properly clean my camera lens? And what exact filter lens should I order on amazon?

A filter will not do anything for the fog. Just let the Mavic have 5 minutes to equalize temperature with the outside air before you take off and fly. If is is cool inside and hot outside or vise versa this will occur till the temperature equalizes.
I use lens cleaning wipes from a eyeglass store or walmart.

It is definitely not condensation. I let the drone sit for a while outside before using it. Its doing the same thing. One minute, the camera view is crystal clear. Then, it will look hazy, and randomly go back clear again. It also does the auto focus, and beep every 15 secs or so. I guess ill try cleaning the lens........

It is definitely not condensation. I let the drone sit for a while outside before using it. Its doing the same thing. One minute, the camera view is crystal clear. Then, it will look hazy, and randomly go back clear again. It also does the auto focus, and beep every 15 secs or so. I guess ill try cleaning the lens........

I think it’s just glare from the sun, take some pictures when you’re in the air, some pointed at the sun and others at the opposite side, make sure they’re focused.
Show us the results.

Happens when I travel in vehicle with the airconditioning on & outside temp is very warm. I have to wait a while until it clears before taking off. Don't think that is lens flare - looks like condensation inside the mavic camera. Could be why you have focus problems too as the condensation will definitely affect the focus until it clears. Next time take a look at the lens before take off it will clearly show condensation if this is indeed the case.

org_1412ed97e3392657_1536947690000.jpg org_7658867acf7b839a_1536947980000.jpg org_cce8ff5c18a1278d_1536948010000.jpg org_a842c1e80cb2b3f5_1536948184000.jpg It happened again today, even with leaving the drone outside for ten mins before using it. Its not the sun. When it is like that, it doesn't go away if i turn and face different directions. Also, even when the camera view is normal, the green square and "beep" happens every 15 secs, as if i tapped to focus. Very annoying. It never used to do this.

Hi, I had the same problem with my mp, now I store it in a tupper with 200 grams of sílica gel and never had a problem again

I can see the photos are pretty sharp, I don’t think it is condensation imo, might just be the glare I was talking about but still I can’t confirm. Did you check the camera before taking off?
Does it auto focus all the time or only when you point at the sun?

Hi, I had the same problem with my mp, now I store it in a tupper with 200 grams of sílica gel and never had a problem again
really? Wow. Im just baffled that it'd be a moisture problem. It has never been exposed to so much as a sprinkle. Just whatever humidity is in the air. If that would cause this, i'd imagine a place like florida would incapacitate these things.

really? Wow. Im just baffled that it'd be a moisture problem. It has never been exposed to so much as a sprinkle. Just whatever humidity is in the air. If that would cause this, i'd imagine a place like florida would incapacitate these things.

Try the same thing and tell us the results! Silica gel might fix.

Reactions: Skiergd011013
I can see the photos are pretty sharp, I don’t think it is condensation imo, might just be the glare I was talking about but still I can’t confirm. Did you check the camera before taking off?
Does it auto focus all the time or only when you point at the sun?
i understand the glare thing, but if i spin the drone and point in different directions, it doesn't change it. It only gets better when it "suddenly" just disappears. The camera lens has the ever slightest little smudge marks, but nothing that i would think would cause this. I think it was the same way back when it was working perfectly. I am going to get some lens cleaner wipes at the walmart eye center tonight and clean it. The auto focus is constant, every 10-15 secs or so, even when the feed is sharp.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro