DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Please help with very poor video

sirron1957

Reactions
Has anyone figured out how to fix poor video quality on the Pro Platinum??? Mine is brand new, I updated the firmware and tried my first flight and was very disappointed in the quality of the video. The drone is currently set to factory default settings, I haven't changed anything, except the firmware. I'm assuming factory default is set to 4K video, if reducing that to HD quality will fix the problem I can live with that. And if that will fix it please help me get to that setting so I can change it...or any other setting that will fix it. The video is saving to the Micro SD card that came with the drone and I have tried the video on 3 different computers, the last one is a high end gaming laptop (ASUS). Here is a link for the video of my first flight
. At the beginning the glare is from the lens protector, for the bad video you will need to go to where I turn the drone toward the trees. Please help!

Did you remove the gimbal lock?

Last edited:
The three axis gimbal should compensate for the wind caused rocking. That's why I asked about the gimbal lock. It is easy to overlook and would prevent the movement needed to stabilize the picture.

Reactions: bassnbeau
The three axis gimbal should compensate for the wind caused rocking. That's why I asked about the gimbal lock. It is easy to overlook and would prevent the movement needed to stabilize the picture.
Now I'm beginning to doubt I removed it. I do have another video that I can up load to YouTube when I get home from work. It's not as bad but still a little disappointing considering this is supposed to be a good drone. Keep watching, will post it in a few hours. And thank you for replying. I posted this last week on the DJI forum but nobody even looked at it there.

Has anyone figured out how to fix poor video quality on the Pro Platinum??? Mine is brand new, I updated the firmware and tried my first flight and was very disappointed in the quality of the video. The drone is currently set to factory default settings, I haven't changed anything, except the firmware. I'm assuming factory default is set to 4K video, if reducing that to HD quality will fix the problem I can live with that. And if that will fix it please help me get to that setting so I can change it...or any other setting that will fix it. The video is saving to the Micro SD card that came with the drone and I have tried the video on 3 different computers, the last one is a high end gaming laptop (ASUS). Here is a link for the video of my first flight
. At the beginning the glare is from the lens protector, for the bad video you will need to go to where I turn the drone toward the trees. Please help!
Iv seen and fixed this before....
This JELLO type Video is Most often a result of the Gimbal having SNUCK under the Gimbal suspenders -

You need to be sure that the Gimbal is positioned correctly.

Theres a Video on this -
Let me know if this helps....

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Iv seen and fixed this before....
This JELLO type Video is Most often a result of the Gimbal having SNUCK under the Gimbal suspenders -

You need to be sure that the Gimbal is positioned correctly.

Theres a Video on this -
Let me know if this helps....
Thank you for that info and video. Haven't had a chance to fly since I first posted but will definitely look at that and get another video as soon as I can.

Thank you for that info and video. Haven't had a chance to fly since I first posted but will definitely look at that and get another video as soon as I can.

***Just some confirmation...
The Mavic PRO 1 is an INCREDIBLE Machine... !!!
Your reference in your video - shows something Seriously Wrong-

Has anyone figured out how to fix poor video quality on the Pro Platinum???

It could be as simple as Explained in the Video reference I sent to you - Literally a 2minute FIX -

You should be excited to shoot amazing video with it...
Tell me how it goes

You may have a faulty Gimbal. Is this a new purchase? If so, please return as soon as possible.

I must have had the gimbal lock in place when I shot the first video. My neighbor had stopped by and was anxious to show him the drone, LOL. Here is the latest video and it looks a little better. Somewhat jerky when rotating or turning so my question now, is that normal? Here's the video:

I must have had the gimbal lock in place when I shot the first video. My neighbor had stopped by and was anxious to show him the drone, LOL. Here is the latest video and it looks a little better. Somewhat jerky when rotating or turning so my question now, is that normal? Here's the video:

Wow - Okay - I missed that critical one-
Your Video is typical of Mavic PRO video- Maybe a Little Dark -
You can possibly select Auto settings -

Whatever you did fixed it, because that now looks perfectly OK ... You'll get that 'jerky' look when you yaw that fast - that's normal. One of the things you need to do to get good videos is to cut down the yaw rate (have a look for a YouTube video telling you how to adjust EXP settings to get the best cinematography).

You may have a faulty Gimbal. Is this a new purchase? If so, please return as soon as possible.
I see you are a service center. I'm curious about something. The first Pro Platinum I had got caught in a tree branch and when it fell to the ground (I couldn't run fast enough to catch it) broke a motor off of one of the rear arms. Generally how much would that have cost me if I hadn't bought the Geek Squad protection??
Whatever you did fixed it, because that now looks perfectly OK ... You'll get that 'jerky' look when you yaw that fast - that's normal. One of the things you need to do to get good videos is to cut down the yaw rate (have a look for a YouTube video telling you how to adjust EXP settings to get the best cinematography).
Thank you for the reply, I'm still in the learning stages with it. In a couple of weeks I'm going on vacation to Colorado and there's a place called Stonewall. It's a wall of stone that starts in Mexico and runs all the way into Canada. I'm hoping to get some footage of that from a different perspective.

Thank you for the reply, I'm still in the learning stages with it. In a couple of weeks I'm going on vacation to Colorado and there's a place called Stonewall. It's a wall of stone that starts in Mexico and runs all the way into Canada. I'm hoping to get some footage of that from a different perspective.
Just don't show it to Donald Trump - he's already got enough 'wall' ideas. ?

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada