DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Please help!!

Ggs2117

Reactions
Hey guys I just purchase a Mavic Air and used it for the first time on my vacation in Iceland .. I got a ton of footage but it is all reallllllly choppy. I’m talking like three second passes between frames . I think I’ve reasoned that the SD card sucks and couldn’t keep up with the demands of the drone. Unfortunately there’s no going back to Iceland to re film these shots ... do you guys have any solutions? Software that can perhaps help with this footage and help to salvage it? Thanks a million

Reactions: Mavicmaniac
I cant help you with what youve shot, maybe someone else can.

I can tell you in the future, try shooting at a lower resolution and see what happens.

Not much you can do with frames missed. Maybe pick out good sections and use Photoshop (or any other similar product) to produce stills of the selected scenes. That way you can still enjoy your holiday memories.

Reactions: FoxhallGH
Can your PC hardware and software play other 4K clips without issue?

Yeah it can. It’s defiitely an SD issue not computer. I’m just hoping there’s something I can do to repair the file and make it usable

I think you need a card that is at least U3 class, and it's not really the read speed that is important, You can copy the file to your pc to view,
it's the write speed that can bite ya...

Reactions: FoxhallGH
Unfortunately, if the SD card is something like a U1 class - rather than U3 - you'll be missing frames. If they are missing, then you have mothing to recover from :( ... Best bet is to look to recover some stills from the video stream as suggested by @Harro above ... Bad luck mate!

Unless you're using slower than a U1 SD, I don't think you should be having these issues. I use U3s now but early on I was using a U1 and while there were a few hiccoughs occasionally (choppiness every few second for a split second), it was nothing like you were describing. Also, have you tried the card in another computer to make sure there's no issue with your reader or hardware?

Like the others, I'm not sure what can be done to recover data if it's still somehow there, though it might be worth trying a video editing program to open the files, or at least try playing in a player like VLC.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying