DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Plus Battery in UK (47 minute battery)

cah

Reactions
Out of curiosity, I got a quote from someone on Alibaba for 1xPlus battery (the 47 minute one) - $140 shipped to the UK (plus VAT I assume, plus the risk of customs charges). £113 + VAT = £135.

I guess I'd be better getting another fly more kit than the extended battery - more minutes for my money.
Hope they come down in price as supply increases. I'd be quite interested in having one for the occasions when I'm flying it somewhere where the 250g doesn't matter.

link?

Batteries are always in short supply for first few months of a DJI drone. Better off getting a cheap power bank and just recharge when you're out in the field flying

Batteries are always in short supply for first few months of a DJI drone. Better off getting a cheap power bank and just recharge when you're out in the field flying
Not always practical if you want to do 2 flights in one location (or 1 video and 1 photo flight of same area if using ND filters etc).

It takes an hour to charge from a power bank @ 29w.

Im hoping DigitalRev and others get these batteries in to order at some point.
If i can ever source a Fly More kit i'll just get one Plus battery.

Yes it takes the drone into A2 operations but thats fine for many things. I'd at least like the choice.

Not always practical if you want to do 2 flights in one location (or 1 video and 1 photo flight of same area if using ND filters etc).

It takes an hour to charge from a power bank @ 29w.
Yes a single battery is difficult, but with a fly more kit and battery bank it should have enough juice for most I think.

At the moment it seems impossible to get Fly More kits. Most of us are stuck on one battery.

Actually as i typed that reply my order with ETA June 30th jumped to "arriving tomorrow".

So wait and see if that's really the case.

Here was the link in case anyone wanted to dive in:

Personally I like the idea of being able to do longer hyperlapses, etc. Swapping to another battery wouldn't give me that ability. £135 is just a bit steep for the odd time I might want to do that. Maybe in the future when prices drop.

I sense Hyperlapse can really benefit from longer flight times.
I am quite happy with my 25 mins with the standard battery and wouldn't really have an advantage for flight times up to 40 mins as I only do stills. It is certainly nice but not so much needed as probably with filming. :)

For now, 3 batteries and a powerbank is quite the thing while being abroad.

might be a stupid question this, but is our uk ce version of the mini 3 capable of taking the plus battery?. i was under the impression mini 3 for the uk market woudn't accept the plus battery?.

Yes a single battery is difficult, but with a fly more kit and battery bank it should have enough juice for most I think.
When I go out flying for a day batteries are always the issue. I have 6 for my FPV and 5 for my Mav3 and during a long day i recharge in the car. I expect to get 5-6 pro for the mini3 too.

I’ve got 2 + batteries coming from Alibaba, if they work fine etc I’ll consider doing a bigger order and see what they work out landed to resell on here / Fb group. I think it will end up about £135 each collected from Reading. It’s too complicated trying to post batteries out in the UK.

If you want cheap batteries (and remotes?) Just wait a few months and hitup the classifieds either here or online as they tend to go cheap when people have flyaways and try to cut their losses.

Same, paid a month ago for the FM+ and ETA is end of June
I ordered FM kit in May via DJI site, got same ETA (end June) but three days ago I got notified it had shipped, then arrived next day via UPS. So hopefully yours will come sooner, too.. good luck!

J'ai 2 + batteries venant d'Alibaba, si elles fonctionnent bien, etc., j'envisagerai de passer une commande plus importante et de voir ce qu'elles ont fait pour les revendre ici / groupe Facebook. Je pense que cela coûtera environ 135 £ chacun collectés à Reading. C'est trop compliqué d'essayer de poster des batteries au Royaume-Uni.
Can you share the link?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13