DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Point of View Mode

mastermind

Reactions
I had heck of time trying to figure out Point of View mode.

I selected Point of view. Then I selected a subject that I wanted the Mavic to circle. It kept giving me errors about distance until I finally realize that I guess I was too close. Need to be at least 50m elevated or something like that. Then i got to next screen and got more errors about radius. I guess you need to be more than 16m radius. I didn't think I was very close to the subject at all. In fact I wasn't. every time I kept moving the mavic to hit the number it wasn't in the right position.

Somehow I finally seemed to get the numbers to accept and go to final screen when it started the mavic began circling me and not the subject i clicked on. i wasn't even able to see myself in the viewfinder so why was it circling me.

Anyone able to give a more concise instruction on how to use point of view so i can select a subject and have it circle it. thanks

Reactions: KiterTodd
The first thing you select is what you want to circle, which is where your Mavic needs to be at that time, directly above. Then you adjust your Mavic position with minimum radius and height as you suggested. What it sounds like is you were trying to select a point on the screen, you don't do this in POI

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

yes that was exactly what I was trying to do. i was tapping the subject that I want circled on the screen of my iPhone. so what exactly are you stating i need to do when say select what I want to circle? while making sure the camera is pointed at the subject in the correct angle. thanks

You need to go fly above the point, mark it as subject, then fly back to the actual point of view you want to view it from.

So where your Mavic is at that time is directly above what you select by saying ok, don't select a subject from the video screen

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

ok. makes sense why it was circling me since i was under it trying to point the camera at someone off in distance. thanks

Anyone able to give a more concise instruction on how to use point of view so i can select a subject and have it circle it
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renevista