DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Point to Point with camera control tracking

spwidoff

Reactions
Unlike waypoints that play an automated action/movement, I would like to capture a sports game by limiting the drone's path along the sidelines (point A to point B) but otherwise having control (back and forth along that line). Anyone know how to do this?

Maven - cable cam & Litchi directly both needs drone to have a SDK the mavic 3 does not have one.

There might be a work around using Litchi & converting it to a Mavic 3 mission

Use Litchi Waypoints as Cable Cam​

Quick Tutorial DJI Drone Litchi Waypoint Mission Cable Cam​

If you want to try this method
Check out this page for how to convert & import Mavic 3 missions from litchi

FYI You may be able to do this directly on the Mavic 3
After checking out these videos it seems that to stop from automaticly fly mission
the speed is set to 0 this allows you to control speed & direction manually

Good luck

Reactions: GadgetGuy
DJI had a feature called Course Lock in the Mavic Pro. Somewhere along the line it got taken out and is only available for Timelapse in the Mavic 3. I used this feature a lot and miss it, so very grateful for those who suggested cable cam. I'll be testing it out since I have the same need to be able to go in a straight line from point a to point b, while changing the direction of the camera.

DJI had a feature called Course Lock in the Mavic Pro. Somewhere along the line it got taken out and is only available for Timelapse in the Mavic 3. I used this feature a lot and miss it, so very grateful for those who suggested cable cam. I'll be testing it out since I have the same need to be able to go in a straight line from point a to point b, while changing the direction of the camera.
Does Cruise Control do what it is you are attempting? There are a number of YT videos showing how it works with the M3. DJI Mavic 3 Cruise Control - Powerful NEW Feature

Does Cruise Control do what it is you are attempting? There are a number of YT videos showing how it works with the M3. DJI Mavic 3 Cruise Control - Powerful NEW Feature
I wish it did, but cruise control doesn't give you a straight line of flight like course lock did. As you turn, the drone will fly away from the subject unless additional inputs are applied. It doesn't create the same, smooth shot that I got with course lock.

I wish it did, but cruise control doesn't give you a straight line of flight like course lock did. As you turn, the drone will fly away from the subject unless additional inputs are applied. It doesn't create the same, smooth shot that I got with course lock.
Got it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manu Gopinath