DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pokemon Go! (I think)

BuzzyOne

Reactions
So I was out yesterday at this totally sweet spot to fly and when I was leaving there was a group of middle-aged kids standing in this little strip of a city park all tapping away furiously on their phones. Mostly men, most looked like they drove there. I made some crack about a Pokemon convention as I walked by, and no one flinched. They were so engrossed with the furious tapping, I don't think any one of them saw the MP I was carrying.

So, that a Pokemon thing? I'm just a little too old to know...

So I was out yesterday at this totally sweet spot to fly and when I was leaving there was a group of middle-aged kids standing in this little strip of a city park all tapping away furiously on their phones. Mostly men, most looked like they drove there. I made some crack about a Pokemon convention as I walked by, and no one flinched. They were so engrossed with the furious tapping, I don't think any one of them saw the MP I was carrying.

So, that a Pokemon thing? I'm just a little too old to know...
Could be geo caching?

Yep, probably battling a legendary pokemon at a gym. I'm 43 and play Pokemon Go, even though i guess it's not 'the thing' to do anymore for most.... and only got into it as my 2 eldest wanted me to ferry them around to all the good spots when the game came out last year. So i thought i may as well download it...
I'm now level 39, whilst they are Level 32 and 33...hahah!!

To people that don't play it, i can see why it would appear to be a 'dorky' or 'sad' thing to do, but honestly, i'm so pleased to have spent so much quality time outdoor walking around for the past year with them (they're 12 & 14) as how many Dads get to spend time with their kids at this age? Most are usually glued to the computer screen, whereas we go out a few times a week, walk, chat, have fun, find pokemon along the way :)
We've met so many great people doing the same along the way, too...

I'm pretty sure they all drove up in cars. Illegally parked too!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d