DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pokemon Go! (I think)

BuzzyOne

Reactions
So I was out yesterday at this totally sweet spot to fly and when I was leaving there was a group of middle-aged kids standing in this little strip of a city park all tapping away furiously on their phones. Mostly men, most looked like they drove there. I made some crack about a Pokemon convention as I walked by, and no one flinched. They were so engrossed with the furious tapping, I don't think any one of them saw the MP I was carrying.

So, that a Pokemon thing? I'm just a little too old to know...

So I was out yesterday at this totally sweet spot to fly and when I was leaving there was a group of middle-aged kids standing in this little strip of a city park all tapping away furiously on their phones. Mostly men, most looked like they drove there. I made some crack about a Pokemon convention as I walked by, and no one flinched. They were so engrossed with the furious tapping, I don't think any one of them saw the MP I was carrying.

So, that a Pokemon thing? I'm just a little too old to know...
Could be geo caching?

Yep, probably battling a legendary pokemon at a gym. I'm 43 and play Pokemon Go, even though i guess it's not 'the thing' to do anymore for most.... and only got into it as my 2 eldest wanted me to ferry them around to all the good spots when the game came out last year. So i thought i may as well download it...
I'm now level 39, whilst they are Level 32 and 33...hahah!!

To people that don't play it, i can see why it would appear to be a 'dorky' or 'sad' thing to do, but honestly, i'm so pleased to have spent so much quality time outdoor walking around for the past year with them (they're 12 & 14) as how many Dads get to spend time with their kids at this age? Most are usually glued to the computer screen, whereas we go out a few times a week, walk, chat, have fun, find pokemon along the way :)
We've met so many great people doing the same along the way, too...

I'm pretty sure they all drove up in cars. Illegally parked too!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidwujr