DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Polar Pro app

Davidwh

Reactions
I believe polar Pro have made a phone app to give an indication of the correct filter for a particular day light conditions. Question does any one know/recommend any other apps out there that will do the same kind of job for other filter brands bearing in mind that different manufactured filters are not all the same when it comes specific filters (ie all ND 16 filters will not be identical to another brand).

Actually, while not identical in color transmission, they are uniform across brands in light transmission as follows.
ND 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, in stops is: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.

Once you learn them it is almost intuitive in a given situation.

Also keep in mind that an app will have a hard time pinpointing you particular needs at any given moment or part of a scene, but, good luck.

Actually, while not identical in color transmission, they are uniform across brands in light transmission as follows.
ND 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, in stops is: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.

Once you learn them it is almost intuitive in a given situation.

Also keep in mind that an app will have a hard time pinpointing you particular needs at any given moment or part of a scene, but, good luck.

Right! And you have to know we're talking about full stops. That means the half shutter speed of the previous one. So in case of 1/1000 it's 1/500. Mounting a nd4 will reduce it two full stops, so from 1/1000 to 1/250 (half of 1/500).

Reactions: Robert Mitchell
For metering the right exposure i turn on AC and pitch camera 30 degrees up pointing to sky. Now i can measure exposure. Then I turn off AC, install needed nd filter and I'm ready to fly.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JuiceThe6One