DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Polar Pro Cinema Series - Vivid Collection

delray

Reactions
Hello, I just ordered this set directly from Polar Pro as the full cinema pack looks to be backordered. I like the look of polarized filters for sky/clouds in particular. I would have considered the Taco lenses - but it appears they don't have a polarized filter.

My question on these polarized filters - reading comments here, when rotated they produce very different effects. How do you calibrate, or do users just put them on any which way and accept the result?

Also, how long do these take to arrive (I'm in Utah). Amazon shows them unavailable to Feb 5th, but the PolarPro website did not show the Vivid collection as backordered.

Thanks!

Reactions: OzarksDrone
I've got them too. Polar Pro told me to look through them just with me eye and rotate. So far I haven't had many really sunny days to try that, and in clouds I don't see any difference when rotating. On one partially sunny day with some blue sky I was able to rotate in front of my eye and see the difference when the sky became darker blue, but I found it was hard to keep that alignment when putting it on the drone. There haven't been many sunny days since so I might just need another try.

iPhone 6S

Reactions: delray
i didn't like the colors the ndpl filters added to my videos. I am in the processing of returning them now. I actually bought the regular 3pk non cinema and they work fine.

Hello, I just ordered this set directly from Polar Pro as the full cinema pack looks to be backordered. I like the look of polarized filters for sky/clouds in particular. I would have considered the Taco lenses - but it appears they don't have a polarized filter.

My question on these polarized filters - reading comments here, when rotated they produce very different effects. How do you calibrate, or do users just put them on any which way and accept the result?

Also, how long do these take to arrive (I'm in Utah). Amazon shows them unavailable to Feb 5th, but the PolarPro website did not show the Vivid collection as backordered.

Thanks!

Here is a quick video on how to orient the polarizers:

Let me know if you have any questions!
-Jeff

Reactions: delray

-Jeff

That doesn't work on the Mavic. Not mine anyway. It looks like it screws on to the Phantom maybe? And rotates easily? On my Mavic the fit doesn't allow it to rotate once it's on. Maybe I could try holding it in front of the camera without actually attaching it and rotating it.

iPhone 6S

Maybe an idea could be (for future filters) if it could be made light enough and wouldn't vibrate, to have the filter be made in two parts, the inner part locking on to the camera and the outer part rotatable containing the polarizer so it can actually be turned while on the Mavic. Might make it too big/heavy/or vibrate when the Mavic is in motion, but it's an idea.

iPhone 6S

That doesn't work on the Mavic. Not mine anyway. It looks like it screws on to the Phantom maybe? And rotates easily? On my Mavic the fit doesn't allow it to rotate once it's on. Maybe I could try holding it in front of the camera without actually attaching it and rotating it.
Yes that is precisely how you do it on the Mavic,
-Jeff

-Jeff

Yes, but this is about a Mavic filters. Which can't be turned like this. It would be a long process to install / uninstall / reinstall PL filters on a Mavic. I had these for my P4 but, with my Mavic, just ND.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Yes, but this is about a Mavic filters. Which can't be turned like this. It would be a long process to install / uninstall / reinstall PL filters on a Mavic. I had these for my P4 but, with my Mavic, just ND.
Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

For the Mavic, I rotate the filter in front of the camera, and then press it on, its easy after doing it a few times :)

Jeff

How does one put on PL lenses the right way? Is there a mark?

You will need to rotate the filter and align it before each flight. There is no mark because the sweet spot will change relative to the suns position in the sky. Here is a video showing you what to look for:

-Jeff from PolarPro

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIMavic3cine