DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

polar pro filters

Just a heads up to those who are considering buying filters for the mavic pro. Avoid buying the polar pro filters. They are designed to stay on for long periods of time and you have to put them on after gimbal initiation. So that means extra stress of removing the filter to the gimbal every time you need to power on the mavic. They DO NOT specify this on the box but rather INSIDE the manual. I bought mine at Best Buy and can't return them as it has been beyond 15 days of return.

I heard the new cinema series don't require the filters to be removed during gimbal initiation. I reached out to polar pro for a possible resolution and all they offered was a $10 discount if I sent in my old set. So with shipping all I was offered was ~$5 discount. I will be avoiding polar pro in the future.

All of our filters will pass through start-up :)
If you are having problems you can reach out to me directly and I would love to send you a set that will pass through initialization.

You are completely correct we updated the products, but forgot to update the manuals.
But your filters should pass through initialization if you try them out. If not, shoot me an email: [email protected]

Thanks!

-Jeff from polarPro

What is this crap.. Some code
cc1a477261582fe3250cb531e2061f1f.jpg
That is to let you know we have a filter calculator app that helps you select which filter to use. You don't need to use it, its just something we thought some people would enjoy.
-Jeff from PolarPro

$10 dollars off of a new priced item, and I would have to send in my current set of filters.
I guess moral of story is to avoid Best Buy stock. I'm glad everyone else has working filters, not so much for me.

The BestBuy stock is updated, but the manuals are not, they should pass through perfectly.
If not shoot me an email and I would be happy to replace them: [email protected]

-Jeff from PolarPro

I just got the 3 pack pro filters with the CP, ND8 and ND16. Seems that the fit is very loose. I was expecting to snap on from what I've read, but with these that's not the case. Also I put them on before turning on, and gimbal check works fine.

Anyone else's filters slide on and off loosely?

Last edited:
Reactions: JoKhool
Mine don't snap, but they are definitely a snug friction fit. If they are really loose, like slide on and off with barely any pressure, then I would reach out to Jeff and I am sure he will help you out. It's just a tolerance issue and you may be on the edge for one reason or another.

Mine don't snap, but they are definitely a snug friction fit. If they are really loose, like slide on and off with barely any pressure, then I would reach out to Jeff and I am sure he will help you out. It's just a tolerance issue and you may be on the edge for one reason or another.

Ok thanks. I'll give them a call this week.

I've had my Polar Pros for a few months and have flown extensively with them. Extremely pleased with the results. They slide on/off easily and the camera initializes fine.

Reactions: PolarPro
Freewell and Tacos rock, avoided pp as I think it was BS to release the 1st gen mess, taco and freewell didn't play games, will steer way clear of pp from now on.

Freewell and Tacos rock, avoided pp as I think it was BS to release the 1st gen mess, taco and freewell didn't play games, will steer way clear of pp from now on.

The customers who bought those ended up getting full refunds and in a lot of cases free replacements. We always take care of our customers and will always make sure they are happy, even if they are not happy with our products. We would love to have you as a customer in the future, and even if you don't like our product, I promise you will have a positive experience with our customer service and brand.

-Jeff from PolarPro

The customers who bought those ended up getting full refunds and in a lot of cases free replacements. We always take care of our customers and will always make sure they are happy, even if they are not happy with our products. We would love to have you as a customer in the future, and even if you don't like our product, I promise you will have a positive experience with our customer service and brand.

-Jeff from PolarPro

Missed my point, thats a ton of hassle for everyone involved, just not kool. Taco and Freewell didn't rush out an inferior product, they did homework and came out with a great product at a super fair price and no hassle. Time is money and tons of people wasted tons of time, you didn't compensate for that. Maybe have dji out source to you the CS as they are horrid on that front !

Missed my point, thats a ton of hassle for everyone involved, just not kool. Taco and Freewell didn't rush out an inferior product, they did homework and came out with a great product at a super fair price and no hassle. Time is money and tons of people wasted tons of time, you didn't compensate for that. Maybe have dji out source to you the CS as they are horrid on that front !

We didn't think That putting on filters after start-up was going to be an issue, we were wrong. We got a lot of great feedback and changed the design. People who didn't like the design were refunded, and people who wanted to wait got a replacement. We always are improving our products based on customer feedback. We really didn't rush anything, we just made an incorrect assumption that people wouldn't mind putting it on after.

You are absolutely correct that this design took more time for people to install about 10 seconds longer.
And now thanks to all of the awesome feedback we received all of our filters pass through initialization :)

I think if you actually purchased that first gen, you would still support our brand, and if you did and you are still mad, you should reach out to me, because we always take care of our customers. [email protected]

-Jeff from PolarPro

The BestBuy stock is updated, but the manuals are not, they should pass through perfectly.
If not shoot me an email and I would be happy to replace them: [email protected]

-Jeff from PolarPro
I thought the same with the outdated manual.. But no dice. I got an overload message on start up. I wish I still had them to just replace them.. Someone should get in touch with bestbuy informing them that theyre pushing outdated equipment

I thought the same with the outdated manual.. But no dice. I got an overload message on start up. I wish I still had them to just replace them.. Someone should get in touch with bestbuy informing them that theyre pushing outdated equipment

The stock BestBuy has works on about 98% of the Mavics 2% are having startup problems and we have solutions for those.
Just shoot us an email and we would be happy to get you all dialed in: [email protected]

Jeff

I don't even bother using my cinema series filters any more because only about half the time will they pass calibration and these filters are ridiculously hard to remove. So unfortunately my work around is just not use them.

Reactions: Rbruz
I don't even bother using my cinema series filters any more because only about half the time will they pass calibration and these filters are ridiculously hard to remove. So unfortunately my work around is just not use them.

If you want to shoot me an email I would be happy to send you a replacement set that will pass 100% of the time. [email protected]

-Jeff from PolarPro

Ok, I am extremely disappointed with the durability of the glass in the filters, im not sure if mine had some issues from manufacturing or if it's simply a piece of crap. I actually smashed the glass in nd 8 filter when I was pulling it off the camera. And I am extremely careful when doing so, mainly because I'm afraid of doing some damage to that tiny gimbal.

The filter was quite hard to get off so my grip was firm, but not hard. And when it popped off I heard the glass crack.

Being used to quality products from polarpro in the past, this was really a disappointment.
I would own to it if I felt like I were to roughly handling ir with results in breaking the glass. But that were not the case.

562499063556c9f304a371a30f427e22.jpg

Reactions: Rbruz
Ok, I am extremely disappointed with the durability of the glass in the filters, im not sure if mine had some issues from manufacturing or if it's simply a piece of crap. I actually smashed the glass in nd 8 filter when I was pulling it off the camera. And I am extremely careful when doing so, mainly because I'm afraid of doing some damage to that tiny gimbal.

The filter was quite hard to get off so my grip was firm, but not hard. And when it popped off I heard the glass crack.

Being used to quality products from polarpro in the past, this was really a disappointment.
I would own to it if I felt like I were to roughly handling ir with results in breaking the glass. But that were not the case.

562499063556c9f304a371a30f427e22.jpg

Zippo issues with the taco or freewell ( pal bought the taco's loves them) just sayin

We didn't think That putting on filters after start-up was going to be an issue, we were wrong. We got a lot of great feedback and changed the design. People who didn't like the design were refunded, and people who wanted to wait got a replacement. We always are improving our products based on customer feedback. We really didn't rush anything, we just made an incorrect assumption that people wouldn't mind putting it on after.

You are absolutely correct that this design took more time for people to install about 10 seconds longer.
And now thanks to all of the awesome feedback we received all of our filters pass through initialization :)

I think if you actually purchased that first gen, you would still support our brand, and if you did and you are still mad, you should reach out to me, because we always take care of our customers. [email protected]

-Jeff from PolarPro

Not ten secs, every friggin time you change a battery, so fly come in have to remember to remove filter take battery out change etccc You should fly a mavic before trolling these forums

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_